WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Oversized Longines Calatrava Watch, Mechanical Cal 23z, Stainless Steel, 1952

For your perusal is a lovely mid century Longines dress watch dating to 1952. It is a Longines Reference 6243 and comes in measuring at 34mm with the crown. This watch represents a tremendous value proposition and presents you with an opportunity to acquire and invest in a very worthwhile vintage wristwatch, with a respectable high end calibre, made completely in-house by one of the world’s most highly respected manufacturers for a small remittance.

The watch has been authenticated and verified by Longines, who have provided the following information:

"The original serial number 8'362'495 identifies a wristwatch in stainless steel bearing the reference 6243. It is fitted with a Longines manually wound mechanical movement, caliber 23Z and was invoiced on 12 May 1952 to the company Katz & Lourie, which was at that time our agent for South Africa."

The stainless steel case is in remarkable condition, and shows the lightest of usage marks.
The dial on this piece, as with most vintage watches, is what makes this watch so valuable to collectors, as it is fully original, never having being refurbished or repainted and shows some aging but not damage.

The movement inside the case is a calibre 23z. The movement is clean looking - practically mint condition; It is a time only movement with a subdial for the seconds hand and was designed to be easy to be serviced. The watch is currently running and appears to be keeping approximate time - however I have not timed it for precision or accuracy.

Currently the watch is fitted to a genuine leather strap.

Overall a good clean and unmolested example of a vintage Longines from the 1950's.

Case: 34mm with the crown
Strap: 16mm genuine leather strap

Crown: aftermarket
Movement: Manual wind, calibre 23z, running
Box: Yes
Papers: No

I am looking for £295 GBP or Best Offer via paypal, I do post internationally. Within the UK I post free of charge, via Special Delivery, insured and tracked.
International buyers to contribute towards the postage costs of international tracked postage.
I have sold several pieces on WUS and I am more than happy to show you references. My ebay feedback is 1200+.
Click on the images below for larger version, and if you have any questions, please ask.

s-l1600.jpg s-l500 (2).jpg s-l500 (3).jpg s-l500 (4).jpg s-l500 (5).jpg s-l500 (6).jpg

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts