WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So basically I love it, enjoy wearing it basically everywhere and it ticks all my boxes.

However, coming from a Seamaster Pro, which had a very (too) stiff bezel - the bezel on this Planet Ocean turns too easily.

The bezel action itself is lovely, a pleasure to turn and sounds great! I just sometimes inadvertently turn the bezel when putting my jacket on or scratching my back.

Its not the end of the world, but I'd rather it didn't do this.

I use it quite a lot for all sorts of things, so it would be annoying if it moved when i was timing something and was unaware.

Can it be "tightened"?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
530 Posts
It is obviously difficult to tell if the resistance is “too soft” from what you write but keep in mind this. The reason why this is probably happening is because the bezel on the PO is extremely grippy and raised. It is made to be extremely easy to operate even with gloves. So it is much easier for it to get caught in the sleeve of your jacket, etc. The Seamaster 300 with the scalloped bezel might feel hard to turn but that could be a side effect of the fact that it has very little grip. The tightness itself is not something you can adjust. But if you feel it is “too soft” you can visit an Omega Boutique and have them take a look at it. While there, you can try other POs and see how yours compares.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
As far as I understand it, there is a ‘click spring’ as part of the bezel mechanism, and if that’s worn, damaged or not quite installed properly it can make a big difference to the way it performs and feels. I have had a bezel issue with my SMP and they replaced the spring, which completely solved the issue.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have had two POs, 42 and 45.5mm 8500. The 42mm bezel was much tighter to turn than the 45.5. I'm sure a spring on the inside just needs to be changed or stretched back out. IDK how to do it though

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
It is obviously difficult to tell if the resistance is “too soft” from what you write but keep in mind this. The reason why this is probably happening is because the bezel on the PO is extremely grippy and raised. It is made to be extremely easy to operate even with gloves. So it is much easier for it to get caught in the sleeve of your jacket, etc. The Seamaster 300 with the scalloped bezel might feel hard to turn but that could be a side effect of the fact that it has very little grip. The tightness itself is not something you can adjust. But if you feel it is “too soft” you can visit an Omega Boutique and have them take a look at it. While there, you can try other POs and see how yours compares.
Could not have said it better myself. A heavy jacket is different from a blazer.
My Sea 300 was near impossible to turn even with my ungloved hands.

·
Registered
9,712 Posts
Could not have said it better myself. A heavy jacket is different from a blazer.
My Sea 300 was near impossible to turn even with my ungloved hands.
Maybe it's my Seamasters model - I find the 2541 bezel quite easy to turn, granted not as effortless as the PO.

I'll have to try it with wet hands or in the water sometime.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts