WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please help me with 2 questions:

1) I realised that the crown of my Ti 142 is of lighter color than the case and pushers. Is my the only watch like that or there are more? (Its a NOS, never serviced or worn)

I remember seeing a photo of someone's 142 and the crown is also of lighter tone, like SS, but I am not sure if its the lightings when the photo was taken.

2) Also, when winding the watch at position one, the crown sometimes screws back into the threading and I ended up with the crown screwed back in. I had to unscrew the crown to continue winding. But after a while its alright again. Its a new watch, I am thinking it will improve in time when the threading gets less sensitive. Is there anything wrong?

Thanx in advance.

·
Banned
210 Posts
its pretty common...numerous reasons for it... the crown manufacturer could differ from the the case manufacturer. also the possibility that they were made at different times/batches or possibly even different grade of titanium used for crown as it is exposed to different types of wear

cheers / g

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its pretty common...numerous reasons for it... the crown manufacturer could differ from the the case manufacturer. also the possibility that they were made at different times/batches or possibly even different grade of titanium used for crown as it is exposed to different types of wear

cheers / g
Thanx a lot gra!

How about when trying to wind up the watch at position 1, (after unscrewing it from the case), a few winds later the crown ends up screwing back into the case. I can't seems to wind more than 5 turns without the crown screwing back in.

It was after a few trys that the problem seems to lessen. Any similar experiences?

Thanx in advance.

·
Banned
210 Posts
Thanx a lot gra!

How about when trying to wind up the watch at position 1, (after unscrewing it from the case), a few winds later the crown ends up screwing back into the case. I can't seems to wind more than 5 turns without the crown screwing back in.

It was after a few trys that the problem seems to lessen. Any similar experiences?

Thanx in advance.

ah....yes....thats whats happening to my ezm1 currently. I suspect a journey to watch maker will easily fix it....it could mean tigthening the crown tube into the case or something else to increase the clearing

;-) / g

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

ah....yes....thats whats happening to my ezm1 currently. I suspect a journey to watch maker will easily fix it....it could mean tigthening the crown tube into the case or something else to increase the clearing

;-) / g
Thanx again gra. I think I won't be sending mine for a service since its a new watch, anyway it seems to ease up and got less sensitive with usage, and since its automatic so I guess it doesn't really matters.

·
Registered
18 Posts
hi, there,

i have my 142 gsg9 on the wrist just now and i never noticed the difference of color. But now that you have told me, yes mine looks slightly different.
i fact, i believe that the color can look different because the pushers and the crown are not sandblastered with the same grain, because the parts are smaller. than it reflects the light differently.

on some pictures of the EZM1 i have noticed that some case looks more brownish than others, this might be related to different titanium delivery, even if the grade is the same.

cheers, Denis, Paris FRANCE

Enjoy you Xmas

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Hi there,

Don't forget Ti also forms a Protective coating, if subjected to certain environments. I know when I reblasted a German Titanium Tutima, the case was very light, due to the surface being freshly blasted know doubt after 2-3 months the colour will be back to normal.

Regs

Bry

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanx for the new replies. :)

This reminds of the titanium Zippo lighters, which changes the tone gradually after sometime when put to use.

Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
1 - 10 of 10 Posts