WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here living in the Pacific Northwest? Specifically Seattle/Tacoma area. Looking for recommendations for REPUTABLE watch repair places.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
IWC Porsche Design Titan, IWC Pilot Spitfire, Sinn EZM 10
5,041 Posts
Nesbit’s failed to repair my Omega Speedmaster three times, then refused to accept it the fourth time. An angry man told me to send it to Omega in Secaucus New Jersey.
No way would I ever let Nesbit’s touch another watch.

·
Premium Member
2,917 Posts
I can recommend a couple of guys in the Portland area, depending on what you need.

PM me if interested.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nesbit’s failed to repair my Omega Speedmaster three times, then refused to accept it the fourth time. An angry man told me to send it to Omega in Secaucus New Jersey.
I can recommend a couple of guys in the Portland area, depending on what you need.

PM me if interested.
It's a little far, I'm in Tacoma. But thank you

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I know what place to avoid .... thx

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Nesbits has also refused to take watches in for service from me before.

I would not recommend them.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I also live in the Pacific Northwest and prefer to find the best watchmer for the job needed, wherever that may be. You simply mail it to them and let them fix the problem. I have had very good luck with Stoll and Co in Ohio and not so good luck with more local watchmakers around my area of the PNW.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I also live and the Pacific Northwest and prefer to find the best watchmer for the job needed, wherever that may be. You simply mail it to them and let them fix the problem. I have had very good luck with Stoll and Co in Ohio and not so good luck with more local watchmakers around my area of the PNW.
That's what I was looking for. Fair enough, thanks

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Nesbit's did a good job on my Speedmaster 176.0012 but I had to send it back a second time. The first time it was running +13 seconds and the minute totalizer was advancing after 44 seconds instead of 60. I sent it back a week after receiving it and it came back two months later running +6 and the minute totalizer was advancing at 60 seconds. Maybe they weren't used to working for a WIS. I am totally satisfied after the second service but wish it had been correct after the first service. It cost a couple of hundred more than Omega would have charged as well. Really nice people to deal with though.

Before

After

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
If you're willing to send your watch to him, Kelly is trained and fair: Home | Art of the Watch

He did some fine work on my Seamaster GMT.
Does he not have a physical storefront? Looks like he lists himself in Portland Oregon, but there's no address on his site. I wonder why he goes out of the way to point out the city he's in but not have an address.

·
Premium Member
2,917 Posts
Does he not have a physical storefront? Looks like he lists himself in Portland Oregon, but there's no address on his site. I wonder why he goes out of the way to point out the city he's in but not have an address.
He doesn't yet have a storefront. I don't have to ship a watch to him; I can just meet him at a Starbuck's.

He was also sponsoring the local RedBar group in the Before Time.

·
Registered
377 Posts
That's what I was looking for. Fair enough, thanks
Hope it helps. Honestly, after many waste of time and money tries fixing and servicing my watches, I have little patience for half hearted multiple attempts and prefer to get it fixed right the first time by true professionals, through and through. Good luck!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I too am in the Seattle/Tacoma vicinity and don’t know of any great places. For some reason they seem scarce in this area. I’ve been leaning toward going with an online mail-in business…

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
What was the issue?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts