WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won't go into the details. Those who need to know do.

I just want to say publically, and for the record, that Tom deserves a medal for being a stand-up guy in a very, VERY, tough situation.:gold

P.S. You can hold me to a higher standard on what constitutes a "very, VERY, tough situation".

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I won't go into the details. Those who need to know do.

I just want to say publically, and for the record, that Tom deserves a medal for being a stand-up guy in a very, VERY, tough situation.:gold

P.S. You can hold me to a higher standard on what constitutes a "very, VERY, tough situation".
If you are talking about what I think you are talking about........Agreed!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I don't know what you're talking about, but I *like* it! :-! In fact....

Medals for everyone! :gold :silver :bronze

Reactions: ncmoto

·
Banned
3,600 Posts
I think Tom is one of those folks who many of us look up to and admire the wisdom and intellect he brings to the table.

IF you are writing this in regard to what I think you are .....then yes,.....Tom was very diplomatic and was most respectful and truly put the best foot forward and certainly went above and beyond what anyone would of expected under the circumstances. I think Tom explained things in a manner which put us in a reasonable light. In light of what has transpired, I certainly dont think there is any reason to feel badly about the situation. It is just an unfortunate situation.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Okay, Tom......................now that you are all "buttered up"...............people are looking for DEEP discounts on Poljot! :-D :-D :-D

·
Registered
668 Posts
This is a public forum.

Either say what you have to say in such a way that all can understand what you say and give input, or leave it be..... :rodekaart

:thanks

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
This is a public forum.

Either say what you have to say in such a way that all can understand what you say and give input, or leave it be..... :rodekaart

:thanks
Let me reiterate the beginning line of Doc's "tribute" to Tom:

"I won't go into the details. Those who need to know do."

Obviously, you don't need to know..:oops: .....there are public rest rooms labled "LADIES" .....that doesn't mean that everyone is entitled to enter....

Reactions: ncmoto

·
Registered
401 Posts
Let me reiterate the beginning line of Doc's "tribute" to Tom:

"I won't go into the details. Those who need to know do."

Obviously, you don't need to know..:oops: .....there are public rest rooms labled "LADIES" .....that doesn't mean that everyone is entitled to enter....
Then why bring it up at all. This is what PM is for.

·
Registered
668 Posts

·
Banned
3,600 Posts
Frode.There are 5000 other threads to read on WUS. Not sure I see your point in regards to the relevance of a single thread out of 5000. Now, if every thread was cryptic...I could see your point.Feel free to email me if you would like more specific details. It really is nothing mysterious or cryptic at all...just Tom being a stand up guy.
My point exactly.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
My point exactly.
What a beautiful city you live in! I checked out Bergen on a map because my grandfather, Olof Johansson, grew up in Skelleftea, Sweden 100+ years ago!
I would love to visit Bergen someday (on my way to Sweden, of course!).

BTW, I don't know what these guys are talking about either! :think:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Jeezzzz..... :thanks
Let me know when you arrive. You can stay at my place, and I'll show you the city. Pluss talk/admire watches over some beers! :)

And disregard all the rest.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Frode.There are 5000 other threads to read on WUS. Not sure I see your point in regards to the relevance of a single thread out of 5000. Now, if every thread was cryptic...I could see your point.Feel free to email me if you would like more specific details. It really is nothing mysterious or cryptic at all...just Tom being a stand up guy.
I'm sure he is! That wasn't the issue. Anyway, I apologise for seeming like a grumpy old fart....

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Jeezzzz..... :thanks
Let me know when you arrive. You can stay at my place, and I'll show you the city. Pluss talk/admire watches over some beers! :)

And disregard all the rest.
I'll ring your bell near dinnertime!

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Then why bring it up at all. This is what PM is for.
Because it was his choice to use the forum that way and there are no rules against it.........Doc wanted to make it available to all who cared....the few that don't can easily move on, and, the few that care but need the details, well, THEY can use a PM to DOC!

There are many posts on this forum that lack detail and many more that a few members may not be interested in, so, why don't we forget posting and simply use PM all of the time? That way, nobody will be upset.............unless, of course, they are left off the PM list for something they wanted to know, or included on something they don't care about!

Here's the accompanying cliche: "you can please some of the people all of the time, and you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time!"

......And WOW! Bergen is gorgeous! Reminds me of Cheimsee and Garmisch-Partenkirchen in southern Bavaria.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
"Here's the accompanying cliche: "you can please some of the people all of the time, and you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time!""

Man don't I know THAT! lol

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'll be quite happy to explain this thread in a PM. I just didn't want to cause any further discussion of the underlying reason for this thread.:roll:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts