WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the US and bought a watch band from a European online vendor - ~$80. The package shipped and the tracking showed that 1 1/2 weeks ago the package was 'out for delivery'... but never delivered. I've opened an investigation with the post office as has the shipper. The US post office has been very unresponsive... sending emails claiming investigation pending, but ultimately not resolving. I'm not sure how much the package is insured for as it was shipped by the on-line vendor, vs. being arranged by myself.

As this drags out I'm not sure if I file a PayPal claim immediately?... the vendor is sort of distancing themselves implying they did their job. I think they are based in Germany, so not sure of vendor shipping laws there. Do I give the post office more time? Is it the vendor's or my job to work this search through the post office? I feel for the vendor, but feel for myself as well. What to do?

·
Registered
147 Posts
File a dispute with ebay as you never received the item. If that doesn't work you can escalate it to a claim and paypal will decide the outcome.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I understand how you can feel for the seller but ultimately it is their responsibility to get it to you. If the tracking doesn't show that it was delivered then it is clear that you didn't receive it so file a claim.

You have buyer protection and if the seller isn't willing to work with you, they paid for the insurance as you said so they can figure that part out after you file your claim.

No electrons were harmed in the sending of this message with Tapatalk.

·
Premium Member
39,816 Posts
Shipping is the responsibility of the seller. Open a dispute - if you don't get your item then you are entitled to a refund.

You entered into a contract with the seller.

The seller entered into a contact with the postal services.

If the postal services don't deliver then the seller can open a case against them.

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
I don't think the post office will give you info. the shipper must file claim(if they insured it)
If not insured, you must file claim against the German company.

·
Registered
31,441 Posts
I don't think the post office will give you info. the shipper must file claim(if they insured it)
If not insured, you must file claim against the German company.
+1.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I just checked and it has been exactly 1 month since the PayPal payment was made and I have 45 days to submit a dispute. I've gone ahead and submitted the dispute under "item not received". We'll see what comes of it. Obviously if the item shows I'm happy to pay.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
If your credit card is linked to paypal and you don't get your money, you can always file a dispute with the charge on the CC. Bottom line is you paid for something you never received.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
In general the seller is responsible for the in-transit liability and it true with eBay. That certainly can be very different in the case of a more formal contract that may contain an FOB clause. USPS is often very slow on investigations, it is almost always a good idea to go ahead and file the claim.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
So by my filing a dispute it looks like basically the dialogue between myself and the vendor is 'hosted'/documented through PayPal. I guess if we do not reach agreement on the resolution (reimbursement or the shipment of another band - either I'm ok with) I can then file a claim with PayPal who now has the dialogue documented to better see who is in the right and in the wrong.

Email excerpt:

Response deadline: 6/7/2014

By opening a dispute in the Resolution Center, you will be working directly with the seller to resolve this issue. We will email you when the seller posts a response. Most of the time, disputes can be resolved quickly and amicably in the Resolution Center. You'll be able to review the dispute details, communicate with the seller, or ask PayPal to decide the outcome of the case by filing a claim.

Also, fyi, the purchase was through the vendor's website, not eBay.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts