WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a decent outdoors Casio and have seen lots of comments here on the PRG80's. Are the PAG80's the same internals?

If not, I'd be interested to hear of a reliable place to get hold of a PRG80, particularly like the look of the PRG-80YT-1V.

thx,

Brad

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I'm not sure if both have Fahrenheit and Celsius, but otherwise they're the same watch for different markets.

Someone will come along to clarify, I'm sure.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Far as I am aware it just an identifier for Geographic regions, the PRG & PAG are the same internally.

Japanese market only models will only have metric measurements, this is common to all Casios.

PRG-80L has both metric & imperial measurements

Q-6

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Far as I am aware it just an identifier for Geographic regions, the PRG & PAG are the same internally.

Japanese market only models will only have metric measurements, this is common to all Casios.

PRG-80L has both metric & imperial measurements
Q-6
Thanks, Q-6. Confirms my suspicions, so I'll take it as gospel. ;-)

Brad

·
Registered
763 Posts
I've always readit like this;

PAG / PAW = Pathfinder
PRG / PRW = Protrek

As has already been said, the only difference is the name, with Pathfinder for the American market and Protrek for Europe and Japan. The only caveat is the JDM only models which have only metric units, as Q6 said (Manuals are Japanese only aswell unfortunately, at least for mine grrrrr)

Rusty

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I was comparing the blue and black Ti PRG models with the black bezels that Queen6 has posted to the PAG models with the orange buttons and/or silver bezels. I haven't seen any PAG80's in blue or Ti black. :think:

PAG80...

PRG80T-1V...

PRG80L-2V

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I see. So that's about the availability of different versions, rather than differences between models.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was comparing the blue and black Ti PRG models with the black bezels that Queen6 has posted to the PAG models with the orange buttons and/or silver bezels. I haven't seen any PAG80's in blue or Ti black. :think:
Thanks for the info.

There are other models of the PAG, as well. Here is the PAG80T_7V, titanium in black:

Brad

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Yeah, it's almost the same...

...I just much prefer the dark bezel. Good watch either way. Are you still getting one Bradleyb?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts