WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have some questions about the PAG40-3V and of course I performed a google search to find the answers. Well I didn't find the answer so I did the 2nd best thing which should have been the 1st.. Find a forums dedicated to watches so here I am.

I just purchased a PAG40-3v. I must say I'm not too impressed with the Altimeter portion of the watch. I'm constantly setting the reference altitude. My house is at 40' ASL which I sent my reference to. Then I proceed to go to place that's 250' ASL. Which it does and then I go to my local Airport which is 158' ASL but the watch is reading not even close to what it should. I head back home and check it again and I'm at -160. So again I set my reference to 40'. Did the whole process over but this time at the airport it read like 320'. Then I set the reference point to 160' ASL. I go home and check it again and I'm back in the BSL. There was no Barometric Pressure change either. I also understand it's not precise.. If it was precise it would no be in 20' incriments. But constantly setting the reference altitude is driving my crazy.o| When I turn off reference so the watch peforms air pressure to altitude conversion based on preset data only, at my house I'm at -480 BSL. Do I have a defective watch or is it a constant battle? or is it operator error?

I just need clearification on the compass. The manual says it takes a reading every second up to 30 seconds. So after 30 seconds it stop taking readings and holds the last reading it took at 30 seconds until you do another directional measurement?

Thanks

-Jason

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
It does hold the last compass reading after around 30 seconds. I can't remember how often it takes readings, but once a second sounds about right.

As for the accuracy, it you're certain it's not being affected by air pressure or temperature, it sounds off to me. My PRG-40 is reasonably accurate, and so far I've been able to put most of the innacuracy in the altimeter down to changes in air pressure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.