WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got into Chinese watches mainly because I thought the price in comparison with the offering was really good. And now I got across this watch. I bought it in an impulse for 54.86 euro from Ali (amazon UK price is around 110 euros) and this price includes:
- Seiko NH35 automatic movement (I saw a listing with a miyota movement as well)
- 316 stainless steel case
- Ceramic bezel insert
- Solid links/solid endlinks
- Sapphire crystal
- 10 Atm water resistance (at least another member in the Aliexpress thread says he has swam a couple of times in a pool with no troubles - I want the water resistance for surface swimming and this seems to be capable of that).
If you like the design, what else would you want from a watch?
It will replace my Tevise T801, mainly because it will be a usable automatic and water resistant.

The thing is what can the Chinese do more than this? The Tevise T802A is a fully working automatic watch for ~20 euros, this Pagani shows what can be accomplished for 55 euros and in the ~90 euro mark you get the parnis diver with all that this pagani has to offer (with a miyota movement) but with real 20 atm water resistance.

I would like to see what a 150 euro Chinese watch could offer...

·
Registered
657 Posts
The thing is what can the Chinese do more than this?
i actually prefer the smaller 40mm subs.
Carnival looks and sounds better quality from Vid Reviews for around the same price
but hey, if that Pagani makes you happy, who is anyone to judge.

in the vicinity of the 150 Euros, you are looking at
San Martin/Heimdallr/Steeldive
Reef Tiger
An Entry level Seagull/BWAF
Red Star Chrono
Sugess Chrono
Aidophedo moonphase chrono

Happy Huntin'

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just opened the package yesterday. I am genuinely impressed. I think this will be the last sub 100 Euro watch in my collection for some time. I started with a tevise t801 and ended with this after about 15 watches.
The style is always more than a bit subjective, but what I see in this watch is remarkable even unbelievable for 50 Euros. There is not a single thing I would want more and this watch does not have.
The only downside I see is the prices going up, because if someone did not know and found this watch in a window of a proper shop in Europe or US I believe he could pay for 200 Euros and still be happy for a cost effective purchase...

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
I got into Chinese watches mainly because I thought the price in comparison with the offering was really good. And now I got across this watch. I bought it in an impulse for 54.86 euro from Ali (amazon UK price is around 110 euros) and this price includes:
- Seiko NH35 automatic movement (I saw a listing with a miyota movement as well)
- 316 stainless steel case
- Ceramic bezel insert
- Solid links/solid endlinks
- Sapphire crystal
- 10 Atm water resistance (at least another member in the Aliexpress thread says he has swam a couple of times in a pool with no troubles - I want the water resistance for surface swimming and this seems to be capable of that).
If you like the design, what else would you want from a watch?
It will replace my Tevise T801, mainly because it will be a usable automatic and water resistant.

The thing is what can the Chinese do more than this? The Tevise T802A is a fully working automatic watch for ~20 euros, this Pagani shows what can be accomplished for 55 euros and in the ~90 euro mark you get the parnis diver with all that this pagani has to offer (with a miyota movement) but with real 20 atm water resistance.

Yes, amazing. It looks like the watch in question is now $74, but that is still incredible. Sapphire crystal, NH35 movement, ceramic insert, and 100m WR. I own the Parnis 200m diver, and I rate it amongst the best of my collection. I also own a Sharkey Turtle, which costs a little more. Of course, many watch enthusiasts hate the Chinese for producing high spec watches at low prices, because it goes against everything they believe. For example, I own a Seiko SkX009, which is a nice watch, however the movement is inaccurate, the bracelet is cheap, and the window is Hardlex. Both my Parnis and Sharkey divers are better watches, and cost less than half the price. There are those people on this site who will still tell you how much better the Seiko is, but will not be able to tell you why

·
Registered
232 Posts
I am going to start a thread on this watch. I ordered one of these. What I got was an "alleged" miyota movement, aluminum bezel, hardlex crystal. A complete fraud as the seller changed the listing several weeks after I ordered the watch. It says PD1639 on back, but clearly not what was advertised. I guess I wouldn't believe that what you got is what you think you got.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The watch I received had all what I wrote about in the first post. I haven't checked only the water resistant part. Next summer I will go swimming with it!

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
232 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't know how the price can be real, but I'm happy it is. :)

Rolex ----------------------Pagani Design
Sapphire glass-------------Sapphire glass
Ceramic bezel--------------Ceramic bezel
Reliable swiss movement--Reliable japanese movement
904L steel------------------916L steel
+$10.000------------------$60-70

Talk about value for money. Sure Rolex has 300m water resistance, but who would dive with a $ 10.000 watch?

·
Banned
16 Posts
It's a nice looking watch for sure. There is a comparison with an Invicta diver on Youtube that may interest you

·
Registered
158 Posts
I really like some of the Chinese "brands" like Corgeut, Parnis and Pagani Designs. I have a Corgeut "Black Bay" and it is great! Also have a Corgeut "Seamaster". They're both pretty stunning in their own right. The only drawback in my opinion is that you can hear the rotor a little when it's swinging around.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I ordered mine on November 27. It arrived on 12/31 and I couldn't be happier. It's running +5 per day and looks great. The only issue I would look out for is this: mine arrived with ALL of the bracelet screws not screwed down tightly. Certainly would rather have a glide lock clasp but for $65 (Ebay), I'm not complaining.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 62 Posts