WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Pagani Design pd-1685 Continuous Testing

15K views 41 replies 15 participants last post by  TalkingClock 
#1 ·
Alright who is up for some fun? So picked up this pagani seamaster knock off to see if I would really like the look of a seamaster on wrist.

This one has the miyota movement and is rated to 200 meter water resist. It arrived from the far eat vis ebay on September 30th.

Upon arrival I noticed the crown/winding action is not very good as it is rough and has random felt “clicks” but none the less I wound it and wore it.

Time keeping seems okay with its non-hacking movement. I wore it for a few days then took it off. Yesterday put it back on and did some mowing of the lawn on our riding mower. When done I noticed the lume pip was missing.

So here we have a new watch with not so good crown action and a missing lume pip from just riding on a mower.

My thought now is to see what this watch can handle, think of it like an on going test of pagani design reliabilty.

So lets have some ideas as to what the watch should go through. Lets make this fun. 🙂 I am doing this because I would not feel comfortable selling a watch like this to anyone and I do not want to even attempt to send this thing back, also just plain curiosity.

So lets have the ideas!
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Wrist

See less See more
#5 ·
Boil it.

Fry it.

Bake it.

Cook it in a sauce pan you don't care about.

Put it in a bag of some sort and drag it behind you car.

Run it over with the lawn mower.

Will it blend?

Tape it to a basketball and bounce it and shoot some hoops.

Tape it to a soccer ball and kick it.

Tape it to a baseball and throw it at a brick wall.

Tie it to a fishing rod and line and cast it a bunch of times. (On water or dry land.)

Whack it with a tennis racquet.

Ship it across the world, loose in a box.

Tie it to a power drill and run it at full speed for a few minutes.

Soak it in drain cleaner.

Launch it with a wrist rocket.

Shoot rocks at it with a wrist rocket.

Tie/tape it on a hammer and pound some nails into a board.

Where do you live? Snow is coming. Leave it outside all winter. Or tie/tape it to the underside of your car for the winter.

Try to land on it with a Pogo stick.

Drag it around with an RC car or drone.

Tie/tape it to a shotgun barrel and go skeet shooting.

Tie a really long string to it and skip it across water.

Tie/tape it to a propeller blade on a boat.

Do you have a water softener? Put it in the bottom of the brine tank.

Put it in the gutters on your house and leave it for a while.

Leave it in your freezer for a few days to get it nice and cold then dunk it in boiling water.

Tie a string to it and put it in the muffler of your car and pull it out after a week.

Tie/tape it to the blade of your lawnmower and mow the lawn.

Tie/tape it to an axe and chop some wood.

Tie/tape it to a sledge hammer and smash some cinder blocks.

Bury it in your yard a foot down or so.and leave it for a few months.

Shoot fireworks at it.

Light it on fire.

Tie/strap it to your car tire and drive around the block.

Run some electrical current through it - maybe short out a car battery with the watch and a wrench.

Put it in dry ice.

#11 ·
Bubba Blue: "Anyway, like I was sayin', Pagani is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, Pagani-kabobs, Pagani creole, Pagani gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried."

#21 ·
Alright who is up for some fun? So picked up this pagani seamaster knock off to see if I would really like the look of a seamaster on wrist.

This one has the miyota movement and is rated to 200 meter water resist. It arrived from the far eat vis ebay on September 30th.

Upon arrival I noticed the crown/winding action is not very good as it is rough and has random felt “clicks” but none the less I wound it and wore it.

Time keeping seems okay with its non-hacking movement. I wore it for a few days then took it off. Yesterday put it back on and did some mowing of the lawn on our riding mower. When done I noticed the lume pip was missing.

So here we have a new watch with not so good crown action and a missing lume pip from just riding on a mower.

My thought now is to see what this watch can handle, think of it like an on going test of pagani design reliabilty.

So lets have some ideas as to what the watch should go through. Lets make this fun. [emoji846] I am doing this because I would not feel comfortable selling a watch like this to anyone and I do not want to even attempt to send this thing back, also just plain curiosity.

So lets have the ideas!
View attachment 16180749
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

#23 ·
People are always wondering how physical activity affects time keeping, but don't want to test it out on their collection watches, so it'd be good to test it on a true beater before it gets beaten in further, more extensive trials.

Here's a quick and simple one to do before anything drastic: put it on, measure accuracy, then jump rope 100 times (or do 100 jumping jacks), then take it off and see how much accuracy has changed as a result of those 100 jumps/rotations.

Maybe see how much it changes precision too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.