WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
All Apple Watches should have the app, unless it has been uninstalled. It can be deleted. Just install it from the App Store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
You may have to get the watch app from the app store and load onto your iPhone. Might have to get the ECG app as well, and load on the phone. I believe I did that on my AW at the Apple store, then synced.

·
Registered
17,858 Posts
Man, I don't remember. I think the Watch app is already installed with iOS these days. I think it's the Activity app that you won't see until you get an AW paired with your phone (but, hey, it's been over three years since before I got my AW).

Either way, no, I don't think you have to download anything from the App Store prior to setting up your AW. If you want to use another brand of smartwatch, yeah, go get what they tell you to get (Fitbit, or Garmin Connect, or whatever).

·
Registered
716 Posts
I had my iPhone for a while before getting Apple Watch, and I had deleted the Watch app. I just re-downloaded it when I got the Watch. As mentioned, the activity app will show up on the iPhone once the Apple Watch is paired with the phone.

·
Registered
17,858 Posts
You may have to get the watch app from the app store and load onto your iPhone. Might have to get the ECG app as well, and load on the phone. I believe I did that on my AW at the Apple store, then synced.
There’s no ECG app to download onto the phone.

·
Registered
17,858 Posts
Pairing an Apple Watch >>>

I should clarify —

The ECG function on the Series 4 is exclusively managed by the ECG app that’s part of watchOS. You can download other apps that use the optical HR sensors, but not the electrical contacts that do ECG readings.

Really, setting up an AW couldn’t be much easier. Open the app on the phone, turn on the watch, “take a picture” of the watch, and go from there. It’s easy enough that if you pick it up in-store and start the setup there, it’ll probably be done by the time you’ve walked back to your car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts