WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Looks, real, but there are good fakes out there.

Do you (or the seller you're going to buy it from) have all the necessary packaging and accessories? (Triple boxes, movement stickers, COSC cert., warranty card filled-out by an AD, etc etc)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks, real, but there are good fakes out there.

Do you (or the seller you're going to buy it from) have all the necessary packaging and accessories? (Triple boxes, movement stickers, COSC cert., warranty card filled-out by an AD, etc etc)
Includes triple boxes, warranty card with AD stamp, cosc cert. the serial matches the outer cardboard box and warranty card...

·
Registered
961 Posts
In that case, it's probably real.

What I usually do when buying a high dollar item, is to meet the person at an AD and have the AD do the verification. Sure, the AD may not want to support a private sale on their floor, so the seller says, "Hi, I just got this at an estate sale and I'd like a quick verification of its authenticity so I will know to keep it or return it." and you're just along as a friend. The AD opens up the back, looks at the papers, says everything's all kosher and the two of you say thanks and leave. Then when you leave the store, you make your own transaction.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Looks good to me...but as previously noted...this watch has has been replicated to the max out in the wild...with genuine parts interchanged as well...make sure you have all the papers and that the COSC paperwork matches the movement.

Folks buying Panerai watches without paperwork need to do their homework.

Again, though, this one looks genuine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks good to me...but as previously noted...this watch has has been replicated to the max out in the wild...with genuine parts interchanged as well...make sure you have all the papers and that the COSC paperwork matches the movement.

Folks buying Panerai watches without paperwork need to do their homework.

Again, though, this one looks genuine.
Thanks for the input.

How do i know if the COSC paperwork matches the movement?

Also, if the serial matches the outer cardboard box and the warranty card (with AD stamp), i should be in the clear, right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts