WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! And it FEELS great too. That leather is like butta, very supple. It makes the strap so much more comfortable than the brown croc strap it came with.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Far out

Thanks! And it FEELS great too. That leather is like butta, very supple. It makes the strap so much more comfortable than the brown croc strap it came with.
I have his "beater" in black that is uncomfortably stiff as a board when I put it on my 111.

I'll have to sell it and then go the "drifter" route. He does a nice job and is good folk by all accounts.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I just got 2 Beaters in the mail today (tan and maple). Got a slight discount for buying both at once. Definitely well-made.

Mine are stiff, but not uncomfortably so. At the suggestion of another forum member (thanks Trent! :-!) I picked up some Pecard's dressing (came in the mail today as well). That should help soften the straps. The flat buckle will take a bit of getting used to, other than that I like 'em both.

I might have to pick up an Original Drifter next. The black one looks great!

-Jim

·
4,077 Posts
Yep, the Pecards will help tons. Also, bending the strap back and forth with loosen the fibers of the hide and make it more pliable, as well.

Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts