WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i posted about my question regarding on which PAM to buy as my first Panerai
i was deciding between 111,112,176 and 177,
in the end, i've decided to get the PAM 177.
i was going to one of my local AD when they told me they have a pre owned , mint condition Pam 177 N series in stock.
but in the shops, they also offer me a pre owned PAM562 , the previous owner only bought it last week and sell it now due to upgrading to more expensive and complicated PAM.
anyway
the price differences between the preowned Pam 177 and Pre owned Pam 562 is only about US $500
so i asked them for a few days of time before making my decision, after i paid a deposit of course to hold both of them for 2-3 days while i deciding on which one to get.

i like 177 more as it's a little bit thicker, and the glass seems more bulging thus make the watch look bigger, and i like big watches. and also i preffer the 177 black dial
and also the movement case back shows "more" moving things in the OP XI compared to P.5000 on the 562
but value wise , which one is more worth it ? since the 177 is from the 2011-2012 and the 562 can be called almost brand new.
but also sine the 177 is already discontinued, do that make the 177 more sought after and keep more value in long run ?

headache again now.

so sorry for this many questions, but this is the first time i bought a watch that cost me more than $5000 so i want to make sure my hard earned moneuys are spend wisely,
thank you

·
Registered
12 Posts
I personally prefer the seconds hand on the dial, while I wouldn't mind a 372 or a 424
Here the decision, is also about new in house calibre (p5000) and the new fonts used on the dial (far better on the new 8 Days models).
Personally I would go for the 562.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
562 if you like the in-house movement and "8 days" printing on the dial. Also, the crystal is flatter compared to the 177. Otherwise, they are the same watch!

·
Registered
47 Posts
i recently picked up a PAM 177. i specifically wanted titanium case, seconds hand, and sandwich dial.
while the PAM 564 has the in house 8 day movement, i didn't like the tobacco dial which led me to go with the PAM 177.

value wise, PAM 562 would be the better buy. but ultimately it comes down to what you like.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It really comes down to which one sings most to you.

ETA vs in-house, ETA is a workhorse and bullet-proof, easily serviced by all reputable watchsmiths, in-house is more challenging to service/work on and reliability is not truly understood yet - but it is 8 day. I have both ETA (000, 001Q) and 590 (P5000) and I much prefer the 8-days of no winding vs every other day of ETA, but neither is a bind. I prefer the dial on the 562, the tobacco dial gives it a warmth the 177 doesn't have imho, I also prefer the case & crystal more on the 562. I don't however like the "8 Days" on the face of the 562.

I think the 177 will hold its value slightly better in the medium & long term. You can't get them new, where the 562 is still in production. Either way the value will hold OK for both, so go with what sings to you as both are lovely PAMs.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I would go PAM 177. No more production, the ETA movement imo is superior.....

·
Registered
271 Posts
177 is a comfy watch to wear since it is Ti

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
180 Posts
Tough question... 177 is discontinued but open case back with OP movement looks fantastic. On the other hand 562 is new base with 8 days... If I must choose right now, I'll go with 562.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts