WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently picked up the 512, 42mm 1940s case. For those with anything bigger than a small wrist (mine is 7"), the 42mm makes for an elegant dress watch. I put it on an OEM black gator with matching black stitch, which is how the watch should come in my opinion rather than black with contrasting white stitch. At only roughly 11.5mm tall, it fits nicely under a cuff and fits in perfectly with business attire. I previously had a 111 and found that on a 7" wrist for someone who is quite tall, it just didn't work with business attire - much too tall at over 16mm, although I could handle the 44mm width (barely).

I could not find pictures on a black gator strap with matching black stitch when I was researching this watch, so I am including some now.

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
There are older radiomir in 40 mm,I recall the ones in precious metal and zenith 680 movt like 62 and 103 (IIRC) and there are some models with diamonds as well

Even the 42mm Radiomirs actually fit the smaller wrists well (98,141,184,185,336,337,338,439 IIRC)

And the models I mentioned above have light green lume that can last all night as opposed to patina lume that has shorter effective time

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Great looking watch! But even on gator, this is not a dress watch to my eye...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts