WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon. So I was at my local Tourneau and asked if they had the Pan Europ reissue. I totally expected them to say no. Anyway, they had one, so I felt the need to try it on. I am quickly becoming obsessed with this watch. The problem is that I am very cost conscious; both my current watches are used and came from watchuseek. I have pretty much decided I will only buy watches second-hand.

Here are my questions:
  • Do you think buying a Hamilton Pan Europ at $1,971 retail price represents a good value?
  • Have you seen one second-hand yet? If so, how much did it go for?
  • Is this watch worth consolidating from two watches (a CLERC Icon 8 power reserve and VSA Dive Master 500 Mechanical) down to one?
  • What are the chances of any of these models ending up here on the WUS sales section in the future?
Anyway, I know some of these questions are extremely subjective, but thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
i think best would be to get it pre-owned... but not sure if there are already guys selling since this is a relatively new piece... hope others could chime in on your other queries... ;-)

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I would not pay full price for it. It is a beautiful watch but will definitely go down in value like any other Hamilton. A few have already sold on the sales forum for substantially less than retail.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I will take everyone's advice and wait. I will also keep my eye out for an original; thanks for sharing the picture.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Do you think buying a Hamilton Pan Europ at $1,971 retail price represents a good value?
First, the $1971 is Suggested price and Tourneau is going to charge you every bit of it, maybe even more. If you want to get the watch, shop around. I guarantee that you will probaby get it more towards the $1300 mark brand new. The Tourneau where I am located offers a 20% off Christmas shopping card good at any store in the mall it is located. I bet if you were serious at buying, you could probably get it at $1300 and have them ship it to a friend out of state to avoid taxes. They have done this for me in the past. Also, if you want it, GET IT as this watch is a limited edition and I believe only 999 is being made. The longer you wait, the less likely you are to get one, but on the other hand...the longer you wait, the more likely you are to get one second hand and discounted.

Have you seen one second-hand yet? If so, how much did it go for??
I have seen the Pan Europ second hand, but I doubt if it was the new model. There was one on the Sales Forum a few weeks ago. If you comb through the sales forum, you should be able to see the thread and how much it went for.

Is this watch worth consolidating from two watches (a CLERC Icon 8 power reserve and VSA Dive Master 500 Mechanical) down to one?
Can't go wrong with the Pan Europ. I currently have Four Hamiltons (pics of my most recently acquired X-Landing will come up soon). The good thing about the Limited Editions is that if you decide you have worn it long enough, they usually get good second hand value as they are limited. So maybe consider that when purchasing.

What are the chances of any of these models ending up here on the WUS sales section in the future?
One never knows how these things show up here. I have found some really nice deals here, but some individual sellers over price their timepieces. Not to say that it is wrong, just letting you know you can comb the Sales Threads daily as one may pop-up and be gone instantly while some pieces stay listed for awhile. I would think this is one that would go pretty fast as I would think there are over 1,000 Hamilton Lovers on this forum that like this watch.

If I were you and you really wanted this watch, I would contact the Hamilton dealers on this forum and see what they can do for you in regards to pricing. Time Watch Exchange and Toppers have located pieces for me in the recent past and find out if Tourneau would give you the 20% off that I mentioned. I know the one in the Houston Galleria is doing that now.

·
Registered
196 Posts
There are 1971 of these made, so not super limited! I picked mine up at an AD for under $1500...so you can find good
Discounts! It's a great watch....I love mine!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
There are 1971 of these made, so not super limited! I picked mine up at an AD for under $1500...so you can find good
Discounts! It's a great watch....I love mine!
You are correct. I must be thinking about another limited edition.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Pretty neat website there Watchyman.

I think I have found a Pan Europ at a reasonable price, I just need to sell something else before I close the deal on the it.....

Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts