WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Need some input. I currently own a SUB-C black and I am interested in getting either a Panerai Luminor Marina (PAM111) or the new Rolex Explorer 2 (216570).

Anyone own/owned any of these and willing to share some thoughts or opinions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Either of the two would be a great choice. Since you already have a Sub I would get the Panerai. My dad's owned a few Panerais the past year and has loved them all. A PAM111 will definitely be in my collection in the future.

·
Registered
21,047 Posts
Agreed. The Sub and the Explorer II are similar enough that I'd say stick with one or the other and get the Panerai as a complement. Although, personally, for similar money I'd get a chronograph from Breitling or Longines.

Reactions: Roller.959

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
+1 to Raza. Spend less and get the beautiful new Longines St. Imier Chrono with the L688.2 movement.

But between the two you listed, Explorer.

Reactions: 09.ducati

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Go with the Pam... don't be a one trick pony.

Reactions: Cybotron

·
Registered
813 Posts
Get both! The Panerai and the new Rolex Explorer 2 with a white face are on my shopping list too.... to be honest I would be tempted to let the the SUB-C black go in favor of arriving at the above duet of lovelies :)

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Depends on what you want: 1 in several million (per year) Rolex crowd vs. a very small (40k or so) group of Panerai buyers.
Personally, I would opt for the Panerai.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just cannot get into the chunky square/round look of the Panerai, try as I might. To me the Explorer II is far more understated and timeless.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts