WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The automatic mechanical movement Panerai OP III calibre; is this movement an ETA or exclusive Panerai origonal movement? According to what I have read this is not an ETA movement for the luminor submersible PAM 24 N.

Who really knows the difference? I have pulled the trigger on the 24 N, can't wait to get it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Without external linking......

A Panerai "Source" says:

Caliber: OP III Base Movement: Valjoux 7750-P1 Year Introduced:
Power Reserve: 42 hours Jewels: 21 Jewels
Description:
Automatic Winding Movement with Hours, Minutes and small Seconds Hands. Date indication. COSC Certified. 28,800 vph.

·
4,076 Posts
Yes, this is absolutely an ETA-based movement (the ETA/Valjoux7750). They send the eubaches to a company called SOPROD, who strip out all the chrono guts and then decorate with Panerai's specifics.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The guts that are stripped, is it strictly decorative or functional? Is Panerai making the movement better or just adding pieces with the Panerai name plate?

·
4,076 Posts
What I meant by "guts being stripped" is that all of the pieces that go along with the chronograph complication, aside from the running seconds at 9 o'clock, are removed. Since the 024 is not a chrono, they aren't needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts