WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to add a Panerai to my collection, and I am really drawn to the Radiomir. I'm looking at entry level models as this is my first time dipping into the brand.

I have the chance to pick up a pre-owned PAM000380 black seal (limited edition it says) or a new PAM000753 for about the same price.

I like that the 753 has the in-house movement, and I like the brown strap it comes with, but I am not too happy about the idea of a snap-back case on what is supposed to be a dive watch (even if I won't dive in it).

Does anyone know if the PAM000380 black seal has a screw in caseback? I can't find that info online anywhere.

Any comparisons or suggestions between the two models would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
I think 380 do have screw in caseback,however 380 isn’t limited by any stretch

Do you have preference regarding sandwich vs painted dial? As both 753 and 380 have painted dial with logo while 210 and 183 have sandwich dial and screw in display caseback but no logo

·
Registered
20,554 Posts
I’m an old style Paneristi so for me the new models with reduced WR are not the way to go.

I would get a 183 as the early ones have the “Panerai” engraved ETA movement which I like.

·
G-Shock Mod
13,912 Posts
Since both 380 and 753 have 3-day movement, closed caseback. I would go with 380 cause ETA will (could) be easier / cheaper to maintain down the road.

I like in-house movement, but in this case, it doesn't seems to offer any more than the ETA counterpart.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Came to find out the 380 isn't such a good deal now. Aftermarket strap, no box or papers. Seller is asking the same price as a new 753. May need to start looking at the 753 again.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
380 isn’t that rare,I’m sure you’ll get a good deal if you wait a bit,same thing as 183 and 753/754

210 is a bit harder to find as it was produced for shorter time period but I guess it’s not what you’re looking for...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts