WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys/girls,

Just wanted to give my impressions regarding the Pam 609.

I've had the watch a litlle over a week now and the PR is great. It ran for 9 days and a couple of hours after a full wind. So no issues there. After the watch came to a stop i wound it again and it took about 96 turns of the crown to get a full wind. I found out that the movement gains a couple of seconds during the first 2 or 3 hours and then settles in . After that it runs pretty much within cosc specs even though it isn't cosc certified. Panerai does adjust the movement to 5 positions.

Since this is my first Panerai i just now came to find out that reading the time accurately is a bit difficult due to the absence of minute markers. Not a big deal, just something i noticed.

For the size of this watch it wears very pleasant. The wire lugs and shape of the case make it wear less big than the 45mm would suggest. The sandwich dial is difficult to see because the dial plate is very thin. I prefer the older style sandwich dials but this isn't a dealbreaker for me. Legibility is exellent due to the large numbers and markers. The lume isn't bad either.

The crown is easy to screw/unscrew and the setting of the time and winding is superb! The polishing of the case is done as you'd expect from a luxury watch and the oem strap wears comfortably. All in all i'm very happy with my purchase.

Thanks for reading!

Regards,
ThaWatcher

Fashion accessory Metal Leather

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Black Strap

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Material property

Analog watch Fashion accessory Watch accessory Watch Magenta

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Bumper Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Automotive design

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Wrist Fashion accessory Hand Jewellery Finger

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

·
Premium Member
9,625 Posts
Thanks for the great review and your pics. The 8 Day models are among my favorite. I had the Luminor 562, and now regret selling it. I found much the same as you do with the movement. Just before I sold it, I did a test over an 8 Day period and it ran almost until the 9th day for me. Overall, it gained about 7 secs/day so at the end of 8 days it was fast less than a minute. Good enough for me, and I understand that some find the accuracy to be even better.

When I started my interest in Panerai, I didn't care for the small seconds at 9 o'clock, but now I am starting to appreciate it even more.

I know what you mean about the lume, and the dial not being a complete sandwich dial. I had no issues with my 562, and found it glowed very brightly.

Having tried on the 45mm Radiomir, I can also say that it fits beautifully and perhaps smaller than I would expect for a 45mm watch.

Your review makes me want to go out and try another 8 Day again!

Cheers,
Carl

·
Premium Member
Patek, Breguet, Jaeger LeCoultre, Panerai
255 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread... Beautiful timepiece. So now that you have owned the 609 for a year what are your thoughts? I’m asking because I think it would make the perfect “first” Panerai for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts