WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I just purchased a new Aquaracer (ordered online) from what is listed as an official dealer on the TAG website. I have no reason to doubt that the watch is genuine, but I was surprised that there was no guarantee/warranty card included. Buying from an official dealer (and paying the corresponding price) I was surprised not to see it. I also got no result when I searched the serial number on the TAG website. I have contacted the dealer to ask about this, but I also wanted to pose the question here: what paperwork/documents should I expect when I buy a watch brand new from an official dealer? Thanks in advance for your any responses!

·
Registered
588 Posts
When I bought mine, the dealer registered it digitally through an app on his phone (I think, I didn't really know what was going on, so I could be completely wrong). When I sent it in for service, I included the original receipt and had no issues. So something went on in the background, I assume.

Definitely get an answer from the dealer.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
If you bought from a true AD, you should expect everything that comes with every other watch including the owner's manual, warranty card, a warranty/guarantee booklet, maybe the hang tag with price on it, any COSC cards for officially certified chronometers and any extra bracelet links to make a complete bracelet (no missing links.) You paid for a complete watch and should receive all that normally comes with it.

But at a minimum, owner's manual, warranty/guarantee booklet and warranty card (not necessarily filled out but it's good to at least get one.)

I would contact them and demand they send missing items. Tell them you are a TAG-Heuer enthusiast and not only buy them for their excellence but collector value and you expect a complete package.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. Update: the dealer was apologetic and they are getting me the warranty card ASAP. Seems their internet fulfillment people missed that detail. Probably better to go buy in person when you can. This particular watch was not available in my local store, hence my online order.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Thanks for the info. Update: the dealer was apologetic and they are getting me the warranty card ASAP. Seems their internet fulfillment people missed that detail. Probably better to go buy in person when you can. This particular watch was not available in my local store, hence my online order.
and the reason why you can't find the serial number on the website?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Nice, what Aquaracer did you purchase? Show us some pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The original watch I purchased was the Aquaracer Calibre 5 Automatic (WAY211C) 41mm. But the different watch I ended up getting (at the risk of disappointing this thread) was not an Aquaracer or even a Tag. I got a Tudor Black Bay GMT. I have an old Aquaracer that I really like (it's 39mm and wanted something a tad larger). When I saw the new Aquaracer in person, the face was a bit shinier/flashier than I personally prefer, especially when I compared it side-by-side with some other watches. A new make is now in my watch drawer, along with Tag and Oris.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts