WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if the Paradive will be back. It seems the E-Boutique is all out of inventory on everything. Is this a sign MKII will be special order only?

·
Registered
444 Posts
I think it is more a sign of demand, seriously meticulous quality control and the difficulty of acquiring quality and flawless parts. I think MKII would have noticed everyone if the paradive was being phased out. Oh - and apparently they are in the process of relocating shop....but what do I know. I thought the stingray ii would have been released 2 years ago.....

·
Registered
154 Posts
I am a fan of MKII but there has been numerous threads about Paradive in the past months with no response. I find the lack of communication on MKII part very frustrating. Paradive or at least some dial/bezel variations have been temporarily out of stock for almost a year now? Without a single update from MKII. It is not like they sell hundreds of models. They literally sell 2-4 models at a time. Is it really so difficult to put a one line update on the web every other month or so? Instead I get to read about a cool glassware from Taiwan.

What message does it send to me as a customer? Should I expect to wait for weeks/months to hear back from MKII should I have a problem with their watch?

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
:) FWIW There is a nice Paradive FS on the sales forum (as of 6 hours ago) - It is the 'stealth date' dial and has the 12-hour, anodized and hardened aluminum bezel insert. From the photos it appears to be in very good shape and with a good price too.

I have no connection or relationship or any other information concerning the seller or the watch, and provide this information as a 'help' for those who may be looking for one.

--- Best ---

·
Registered
563 Posts
That is a nice one for sale..

I bought mine from huckberry 2-3 months ago. So Bill has sold them recently.

I will say they've been out of stock on his website for a pretty long time now. Likely the graywater ate up the cases. I'm glad I took my chances and bought one while I could.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I am a fan of MKII but there has been numerous threads about Paradive in the past months with no response. I find the lack of communication on MKII part very frustrating. Paradive or at least some dial/bezel variations have been temporarily out of stock for almost a year now? Without a single update from MKII. It is not like they sell hundreds of models. They literally sell 2-4 models at a time. Is it really so difficult to put a one line update on the web every other month or so? Instead I get to read about a cool glassware from Taiwan.

What message does it send to me as a customer? Should I expect to wait for weeks/months to hear back from MKII should I have a problem with their watch?
First of all, they don't generally respond to stuff like this here on the forums. They're a small company and every minute they spend answering questions like this is time NOT spent working on watches. Second of all, there is another message on the site that addresses the stock of some models, one of which is the Paradive. I posted the relevant portion earlier in this thread, it states they will be back once they have more cases in stock.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
:) FWIW There is a nice Paradive FS on the sales forum (as of 6 hours ago) - It is the 'stealth date' dial and has the 12-hour, anodized and hardened aluminum bezel insert. From the photos it appears to be in very good shape and with a good price too.

I have no connection or relationship or any other information concerning the seller or the watch, and provide this information as a 'help' for those who may be looking for one.

--- Best ---
:) And........ SOLD -- 5 Hours ago....

·
Registered
154 Posts
First of all, they don't generally respond to stuff like this here on the forums. They're a small company and every minute they spend answering questions like this is time NOT spent working on watches.
I cannot agree with this. If they provided up to date info on their web there would be no need for these questions on the forums. Please show me a single update about Paradive before the message that was posted a few weeks ago. I looked at Facebook and their web - I could not find a single news re Paradive posted in 2014 while it was out of stock most of 2014.

One of the biggest appeal (for me anyway) of these micro brands is its closeness to customers and their fan base, many times through watch forums. If you carry 2 regular models in your shop, one is out of stock long term, and for over a year you are not even able to provide a simple one line update on your website then I find it frustrating as a potential customer and it puts me off this brand. Just my opinion. Different people have different preferences.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I can sympathize with the frustration.

Before I purchased through huckberry I put in an e-ticket to MKII about the availability for Paradive's.

The reply was that it would be stock in short supply in a couple weeks. It never was.

For months (over 6 months now which is the first time I checked) the MKII website showed the Paradive with aluminum bezel will be in stock in 3 weeks. If you look now it STILL says that.

I'm not picking sides but I agree MKII could be better at communicating. Key word is "MKII", I don't expect Bill to come on here or update his own website. I imagine he is paying someone to do that.. His time is better spent sourcing parts and building watches.

·
Registered
987 Posts
For months (over 6 months now which is the first time I checked) the MKII website showed the Paradive with aluminum bezel will be in stock in 3 weeks. If you look now it STILL says that.
It doesn't say it will be in stock in 3 weeks. It says lead-time for shipment is 3 weeks, when it is available for ordering - but it's not available at the moment.

·
Registered
563 Posts
It doesn't say it will be in stock in 3 weeks. It says lead-time for shipment is 3 weeks, when it is available for ordering - but it's not available at the moment.
Really? Lead time shipment is 3 weeks means I should see this available in 3 weeks. It should say temporarily unavailable like the Sapphire bezel version.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I don't read that statement as "watch will be in stock in 3 weeks" and I don't think most people do either. If you're confused about their language then you have a legitimate gripe there, but posting the question here would have cleared it up.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I don't read that statement as "watch will be in stock in 3 weeks" and I don't think most people do either. If you're confused about their language then you have a legitimate gripe there, but posting the question here would have cleared it up.
Ok. You are absolutely right...

Besides missing my other point that they replied to my e-ticket with false hope.

Wow... Another classic defensive MKII fan. I didn't even think this could be an argument. But I guess lead time three weeks equals temporarily unavailable to everyone except me. Why not have two different ways to say not available anytime in the near future?

It's a mistake on the website. Period.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
My two cents.

:think: Are we responding to some who may exhibit poor reading skills or comprehension skills? Or just 'General Crankiness' .... ?? :-s

@phillycheez - 'Lead Time for Shipment' means that it will take about three weeks (I would add in the best-case scenario) before the item can be sent to you, provided it is available to order. If the 'Notify Me' flag appears, the item is currently unavailable to order. What is so difficult about that? Is that hard to comprehend or grasp?

What I see... Is that is there is a 'Notify Me' flag popping up, that indicates that the item is not immediately available for order, and if you leave your email address, when the item is available for order, you will get an email from MKII advising you as such - That is exactly how it has worked for me in the past, and that is how, after a time, I did receive my Paradive - So, the system, while it may not be to everyone's individual satisfaction....The system actually works.
And, complaining about the time involved, or the fact that you can't just 'click on it and get it in five days' doesn't seem to speed anything up. o|

If you want one, you will either just have to wait, or find something else for sale.

To sum it all up, based on information available, the Paradive will again be available at some future date, after necessary parts to assemble into working watches have been received at MKII, and then after being quality-checked by MKII.

--- Carry On, Gentlemen ---

·
Registered
563 Posts
3 weeks is not standard. My reading comprehension is fine but it's nice to know that making fun is so tolerated here.

I've been ordering MKII's direct as long as anyone here. His lead time changes even when he does have it in stock. Anyone with experience with ordering from MKII knows that. It's a mistake on his website. Anyone who doesn't think that is just ignorant and being defensive.

Explain what the point is exactly? What is the difference between "Temporarily Unavailable"?

Anyways, ciao. From here on I'll keep to myself here. This sub forum takes things way too personal. I'll just email MKII directly if I have questions.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Dude, take it easy… who exactly is taking things personal? And who's making fun of anyone? I'm (calmly) DISCUSSING an issue that you brought up, which is the whole point of a DISCUSSION BOARD. You can't handle me saying that I don't interpret "3 weeks lead-time to shipment" as "product available in 3 weeks" ? This board takes things too personal, but according to you "Anyone who doesn't think that is just ignorant and being defensive" ? I think the term for this is "projection".

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
... It's a mistake on his website. Anyone who doesn't think that is just ignorant and being defensive.

... This sub forum takes things way too personal. ....
This reminds me of the climax of INTERSTELLAR, which I saw Friday night. Gravity!!

// Tapatalk on iPad Mini - Misspelling courtesy of Logitech folio kybd //

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just wondering if there was any progress re Paradive? In January/February MKII was supposed to get more cases based on their update. Well, it's July and not a single word about it. So it has been "temporarily" out of stock for close to 2 years now? I get a strange feeling we will never see another Paradive produced by MKII.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Ok. You are absolutely right...

Besides missing my other point that they replied to my e-ticket with false hope.

Wow... Another classic defensive MKII fan. I didn't even think this could be an argument. But I guess lead time three weeks equals temporarily unavailable to everyone except me. Why not have two different ways to say not available anytime in the near future?

It's a mistake on the website. Period.
Lack of reading comprehension on your part = defensive fan? Interesting. I also assumed that this was 3 weeks after you placed your order...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts