WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there such a thing,,to guide a soul in decision making.

Say a stipend of $ 1,000 , 2,500 , 5,000,,and now into exclusivity range $ 10,000 ,and above,is available.

What is expected,in each range of price.The mechanicals/ automatics,if Swiss made demands a premium.
However,Thetoad,needs to know if any quartz systems are worthy.Their accuracy,is established,and almost impossible to beat,,through mechanical means,,,,spring drive included.

To set a standard,on what should be expected,,,,,,is not beyond the capabilities of members.

This task,is nearly impossible,however it might set a standard for people to expect the quality,,they should expect,,,,,in their particular price range.

The knowledge,,is out there,,toad,knows it.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
When I can't sleep at night because I can't stop thinking about a watch...then I have to buy it. A quartz watch has never kept me awake at night....you might have different feelings.

Best,
Rob

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
What flavour of ice cream would you set as parameters given a budget of say.. $1, $2.50, $5, and $10?

The Italian gelato demands a premium, however Portauto wants to know if American soft ice cream is worthy

Kindest Regards,,,
Portauto

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Indeed,shaving sand heated molecules,into pieces that reflect time,is not a favorite of Thetoad.
His watch collection,@ best would be considered minimalist.

Since his probation,on unsubstantiated charges,he intends to be honorable.
Archives,will prove,his allegiance to an I'll fated company.It's name,can't be divulged.

The question still stands.
Assuming a budget in known ZLOTY'S,FRANCS,,,,,or that ever problematic ,EURO,,,,in denominations already mentioned,,,,save some P. PHILIPPE'S ,what is a lad to do.

It has been said by some,,that space,,is"The Majestic Clockwork"

Maybe,,we don't have to look,,,past our wrists to find it..........

·
Registered
889 Posts
You must be looking for a guide to High end quartz movements. Those are accurate to within seconds per year as opposed to seconds per day like a mechanical movement. I've never seen a separate guide out on the web, but I think there's a forum here...

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
I'll be kind and let this run for a while because the members have responded seriously and sensibly. But be careful not to feed any trolls.....

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I,yield,,no David pictures..
I detest sand watches,although I own a SeaPro Off Shore Racer,,forgive me,,,if improperly named.I actually bought it ,,,via the Watch Commander,when he was ensconced in L.A.

My first watch was the Accutron Space View,circa,1966,I believe.
Mechanicals,as well as automatics,are my true love,and I totally understand the mind set that compels people to spend extraordinary sums of beanage,to placate these desires.

My point,as in original,,,was to attempt to establish a template,by which other people,uneducated in the nuances of fine watches,might have a guide.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.