WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 automatic watches, an Invicta Pro Diver and a Parnis GMT. I set and wound both of them and put them on a watch winder. After a week, the Invicta has kept near perfect time. The Parnis started loosing time after a day and eventually stopped. If I were to replace the movement in the Parnis is it difficult or even worth it and do GMT watches require a special movement? Otherwise the Parnis is a great value watch, just a disappointing power reserve.

·
Registered
627 Posts
The Parnis may wind in only one direction on the watch winder. Have you tried having the watch winder go in the other direction?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I gave them both a pretty good wind to start, I'll try to rotate it counterclockwise next time to see if I get better results. I was just disappointed it couldn't keep up with the Invicta for a even day.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,500 Posts
The Invicta Pro Diver I'm guessing is not one of the Swiss models and therefore has a Japanese Seiko movement, or if it is an older model, a Japanese Miyota movement. The Seiko winds in both directions, the Miyota in one direction only. The Parnis GMT will have a Chinese movement as I'm not aware of any available Japanese 4-centre-hand automatics. the common options are either a Shanghai RK4D (winds both ways) or more likely for Parnis, a Dixmont DG3804B (winds one way only). Look up the winder settings for a Miyota 8215 and the DG3804B should be the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts