WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am based in India and trying to revive some G's. I have checked with local Casio centers and nobody here keeps stocks for vintage models. Does anyone have any list of suppliers for bezels and other parts based in Asia (Japan or HK or even China, for that matter)? My concern is reliable shipping and proper tracking. I have had a series of bad experiences while buying from the US with USPS shipping - because USPS simply doesn't offer a proper tracking facility even on their 'Priority International' shipping.

I have already tried the below:

• ebay - Most suppliers are from US, and they either don't ship to India or use USPS which I am reluctant to use as said above.
  • Tiktox - Doesn't ship to India
  • Pacparts - Most parts not in stock. USPS and USPS Priority shipping. DHL shipping is available but at $40, the total exceeds what I'd paid for the watch itself!
  • Rakuten - Some spares available, cheap EMS shipping, but for some strange reason, I am unable to check out or complete my orders.
  • Seiyajapan - free EMS shipping but very limited spares.

Not sure if there are any fellow members from India on WUS, but in general, if any members from Asia have experience ordering locally, can someone point me towards useful resources?

Thanks,
B.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Hi Bro.. U can get replacement straps from Casio India but not replacement bezels.... (They will ask you to send the watch for a bezel replacement)... I too was in search of a replacement bezel and ended up ordering from eBay.com with USPS priority shipping. The sad part was it costed me $27 ($12 for the bezel + $15 for international shipping) :-( let's see when it comes in.....

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi Bro.. U can get replacement straps from Casio India but not replacement bezels.... (They will ask you to send the watch for a bezel replacement)... I too was in search of a replacement bezel and ended up ordering from eBay.com with USPS priority shipping. The sad part was it costed me $27 ($12 for the bezel + $15 for international shipping) :-( let's see when it comes in.....
What's sad about USPS is that there is no real tracking available. It only gives a reference number which you can track as long as the package is inside US. Once the package leaves the US customs, there is no way to track it. I have lost 3 packages - two packages sent by USPS First class and one USPS Priority mail too. (All were refunded, thanks to the sellers, but this is a real PITA).

On the other hand, most sellers from Asia are readily offering EMS either for free or at very affordable prices - Rakuten charges $7 to $9 for expedited EMS shipping. That being said, even registered airmail somewhat reliable. I have bought dozens of LEDs and other stuff at ali express and they ship with registered airmail. It does take 30-45 days, but it is still reliable and I have never missed a parcel.

Edit: Have you tried sending the watches for Bezel replacement? How much do they quote?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Apart from the USPS tracking for international packages the other big problem is with the Indian Customs... I too have bought numerous things from Ali express and got them sooner of later... I haven't sent the watch for a bezel replacement as I wanted to just buy and keep it as a spare.... What are the models u are looking to get a bezel for ?

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apart from the USPS tracking for international packages the other big problem is with the Indian Customs... I too have bought numerous things from Ali express and got them sooner of later... I haven't sent the watch for a bezel replacement as I wanted to just buy and keep it as a spare.... What are the models u are looking to get a bezel for ?
Right now looking for a bezel for a DW6630 - for which a DW6600 or DW6900 bezel would suit just fine. I also need a bezel and strap adaptors for an old DW9000XS which had been lying around and I am planning to revive.

·
Registered
817 Posts
It's pretty easy to source a regular DW-6900 bezel (black)... Available on eBay.com for the Dw-9000 not sure... U might be able to find one on eBay.com

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's pretty easy to source a regular DW-6900 bezel (black)... Available on eBay.com for the Dw-9000 not sure... U might be able to find one on eBay.com
Well, as I said, its very easy to find a 6900 bezel on ebay but most sellers are from the US and I really don't want to risk with USPS again.

I have been reading quite a bit about Brazilian bands and bezels. Any information on where are they available online? Do they ship internationally? Please share few links if anyone has bought

·
Registered
817 Posts
Ohh OK... Ya unfortunately I have no info about the Brazilian bezels... Hopefully someone will chime in about this...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts