WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1141 - 1160 of 1209 Posts

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
If anyone has been hoarding Vostok Komandirskie black 18mm leather watch straps and are interested in selling about 10 of them please get in touch. Cheers
From the Elektronika project I've learned that Technochas also sells these straps.
Might want to email them :)

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Don't meranom and komandirskie always have those in stock, very cheaply at that too?

edit: the straps, I mean

edit2: they're out of stock, just checked, go figure

·
Registered
17 Posts
If anyone has been hoarding Vostok Komandirskie black 18mm leather watch straps and are interested in selling about 10 of them please get in touch. Cheers

View attachment 15521810
I used this site, can highly recommend them, ordered a balance assembly which arrived very quick and now ordered a new amphibia.

Cheers,
Mark

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
I used this site, can highly recommend them, ordered a balance assembly which arrived very quick and now ordered a new amphibia.

Cheers,
Mark
Thank you to all who responded :D

I ended up buying from Watchmaker Monroe on Etsy after arranging a better deal on postage.

Cheers

·
Registered
242 Posts
Does anyone know where I can source all black, no lume cathedral hour and minute hands and a black second hand, straight without lume dot, for a Vostok Amphibia?
I usually buy from igorIV, but he is unavailable at the moment it seems.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Anyone knows what's the diameter of the crystal for the Raketa 24h - this model :

??
So I'm either going to look for a modern replacement, maybe sapphire - if I find the dimensions - or I plan on buying the cheapest Raketa Calendar or Windrose with the right glass that I can find and try to replace the glass on my 24h Raketa (it has one with curved edges, you can't see the bezel so good). The glass should be the same on those, or?

PS. Of course, I'll have to learn to change the glass first - but how hard can it be?

·
Registered
60 Posts
PS. Of course, I'll have to learn to change the glass first - but how hard can it be?
I had to change the glass on my own Raketa 24 Hour, the process is quite easy. The glass fits into the bezel, so just pop the bezel off from the case and push the glass from behind, it should pop right out. Then refit your new glass into the bezel from the front, it can be a bit fiddly but it will eventually 'snap' back into the bezel, once that is done just press the bezel back on to the case and you're all set to go (y)

JC

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I had to change the glass on my own Raketa 24 Hour, the process is quite easy. The glass fits into the bezel, so just pop the bezel off from the case and push the glass from behind, it should pop right out. Then refit your new glass into the bezel from the front, it can be a bit fiddly but it will eventually 'snap' back into the bezel, once that is done just press the bezel back on to the case and you're all set to go (y)

JC
Very nice, thanks. But where did you find the replacement glass? Did you buy a specific Raketa replacement glass, or did you know the diameter and bought a generic glass based on the measurements?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Like your idea above, I found the cheapest watch that used the same bezel/crystal in decent condition (so Calendar/Windrose like you said) and replaced it with that. At least that way I knew it would fit for sure 😉

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Like your idea above, I found the cheapest watch that used the same bezel/crystal in decent condition (so Calendar/Windrose like you said) and replaced it with that. At least that way I knew it would fit for sure 😉
I might try my luck with a non-original replacement glass if I can't find a whole watch cheap enough, see how that goes... But good to know that replacing the glass goes relatively easy, thanks again for sharing the experience.

1141 - 1160 of 1209 Posts