Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gents,

I have the option to buy the attached image of a supposed Patek Philippe as part of a wider bulk buy from a buddy who is diluting. I'm struggling to find any reference online and want to draw on the wisdom of the wider community for advice on authenticity. Thanks in advance.

PP1.jpg PP2.jpg

·
Registered
15,639 Posts
Is that all the photo's you have to decide on?

They aren't great, but looks like the gold plate may have worn off in some places, and without a movement shot, any vintage watch, let alone a Patek Phillipe would be a no go for me.

^^ tells the truth on Internet forums
So many watches, So little time...

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Clearly not solid gold although it is hallmarked as such. Also the hallmarks themselves look wrong in how they are engraved.

·
Premium Member
8,608 Posts
The case looks all wrong... those screws are poorly done, and as noted above there are places that make it look gold-plated and worn through. The guilloche also looks soft - though that could be fuzzy photos. I'd say fake.

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
In addition to what others have said, I'd be a little more than troubled at a PP where the date hasn't changed by 6:09 AM, wouldn't you?

Regards,
Alysandir

Reactions: dbostedo

·
Premium Member
13,464 Posts
fake

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,186 Posts
That is pretty horrible. As a reminder, from our rules:

9. No discussions or pictures of replica watches, or links to replica watch sites unless previously approved by a Moderator or site Administrators. In general, any posts that involve the discussion, encouragement, or solicitation of any kind of illegal activities, whether watch-related or not, is strictly prohibited.

This one's done folks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.