WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my grandfather's watch and it was recently given to me. It still runs great and I am looking to restore it to its former glory (including getting it off that flex band). I'd appreciate any help figuring out the model number and approximate date it was made. There are no markings on the caseback and I have not had it opened up yet to see if any information is inside. Thanks in advance for the help!

Attachments

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,045 Posts
Welcome to Watchuseek! Oh my, that Speidel band does look awful!! As for the rest of the watch, the dial is a little stained but I'm sure the watch will hold its value rather better if the dial is left untouched.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
7,778 Posts
Well, you will have to get it open, if you want to know anything more. If you don't want to do that by yourself, have a watchmaker open it- you'll need to visit one anyway, if you plan to wear the watch, as it will need to be serviced (if you don't know when was it last serviced- the movement needs to be disassembled, cleaned, oiled, and adjusted).

I wholeheartedly agree, that Speidel is as hideous as it gets.

·
Registered
7,778 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I'll bet it's Real! The dial looks just fine to me. The crown--alas--probably did not come from the Factory...

Let's see the Movement! Michael.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts