WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no reason at all to think this is anything but all original ( except bracelet) however I am way out of my league so I wanted other eyes to confirm. This is a reference 3423. Not sure of date but I would assume late 50's - early 60's. Freccero is a Uruguayan Jewelry retailer that sold and signed Patek at one time a la Tiffany. Does this add any extra value to this Calatrava? Is there anything about this piece that would add more value than usual ie style, dial design etc. By chance I came upon the opportunity to make an offer on this piece.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
I'm curious to see what others have to say but it looks like a redial to me, which certainly affects the value.
I would agree with that. Them cross hairs are off on to many markers, unless it's a camera thing, but both pictures show that

Also, why not show the whole movement? You know better than that Gio

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes tinknocker I do. Just respecting the owners wishes who for whatever reasons asked not to show identifying numbers.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Many of the cross hairs are off center, but what I really notice is the difference between 1:00 and 7:00. At 1:00 (and 2:00) the cross hairs extending from the center touch the dial markers, but at 7:00 (and many others) there is a large gap between the center cross hair and the dial marker. So the cross hairs are slightly rotated and off center. Looking at images online I do see quite a variation in the cross hairs between these watches.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Looking at images online I do see quite a variation in the cross hairs between these watches.
Yes, all the 3423 have slight variations of the cross hairs, so it's likely genuine. And even if it's actually a redial, there's a good chance it was done not so long after the watch was sold because it looks like the dial aged like a typical vintage watch...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts