WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As much as I like this forum, it is becoming a problem. I recently found this website and in the last 2 weeks I've purchased two G-shocks. It hasn't stopped there, now I'm thinking I will sell my Sunnto Vector and replace it with a PAG40. Really don't have any complaints with the Vector other than that the face of the watch is somewhat plain as compared to the PAG40. I rented the movie The Kingdom last week and saw the PAG40. Of course, this forum is how I was able to find what watch it was in the movie.

·
Registered
14,026 Posts
Well just watch "Shooter"and you will want to keep that Suunto.

Personally, Im not sure I would make that switch. If you are going to lose the Vector, go for one of the newer Protreks...

·
Registered
53 Posts
XFactor - know how you feel. Was pretty content with my 5-year old G-shock and my 20+ year old Seiko. I had a Suunto X9 (birthday present from my wife a few years ago - actually wanted a Vector, but the salesman talked her into the X9) that I didn't really wear much, maybe because of the white/checkerboard bezel or I'm just too dumb to figure out how to work all of the features.

Caught my wife's watch addiction recently and stumbled across these forums. Now we have 2 new Doxas, an MTM, and a newer Seiko.

Am also looking at the PAG40 and/or its atomic/solar cousins, the Pathfinder 1200 / 1300 and/or a Vector.

And, of course, an orange-faced diver (Seiko Sumo?)

Best of luck on your "delimma" (admitting that we have a problem is the 1st step).

David

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
As much as I like this forum, it is becoming a problem. I recently found this website and in the last 2 weeks I've purchased two G-shocks. It hasn't stopped there, now I'm thinking I will sell my Sunnto Vector and replace it with a PAG40. Really don't have any complaints with the Vector other than that the face of the watch is somewhat plain as compared to the PAG40. I rented the movie The Kingdom last week and saw the PAG40. Of course, this forum is how I was able to find what watch it was in the movie.
I have both watches (3 vectors, in fact) and would not trade one of them for the 40, although the casio is a GREAT watch! Best part is the 4 or 5 alarms, easy to push button for light, kick a$$ mug, etc. The suunto, though, is just a smoother, and (I believe) tougher watch. I run, swim and spend a bunch of time in the sand and the suunto is just more suited to my lifestyle.

Another option, of course, is just to keep your vector and BUY THE 40 like I did! By the way, you can see the size difference of the two (coincidentally) in the attached badly shot pic

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,599 Posts

·
Banned
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
XFactor - know how you feel. Was pretty content with my 5-year old G-shock and my 20+ year old Seiko. I had a Suunto X9 (birthday present from my wife a few years ago - actually wanted a Vector, but the salesman talked her into the X9) that I didn't really wear much, maybe because of the white/checkerboard bezel or I'm just too dumb to figure out how to work all of the features.

Caught my wife's watch addiction recently and stumbled across these forums. Now we have 2 new Doxas, an MTM, and a newer Seiko.

Am also looking at the PAG40 and/or its atomic/solar cousins, the Pathfinder 1200 / 1300 and/or a Vector.

And, of course, an orange-faced diver (Seiko Sumo?)

Best of luck on your "delimma" (admitting that we have a problem is the 1st step).

David
How do you like your MTM and which model do you have? I thought about buying a Blackhawk for the torch light, but I knew it would bother me not having the day of the month feature. I like the Vulture, but couldn't talk myself in to paying $750.00. I think I'm at the point I can admit I've got a watch addiction, but it helps to find others with the same problem.

·
Banned
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have both watches (3 vectors, in fact) and would not trade one of them for the 40, although the casio is a GREAT watch! Best part is the 4 or 5 alarms, easy to push button for light, kick a$$ mug, etc. The suunto, though, is just a smoother, and (I believe) tougher watch. I run, swim and spend a bunch of time in the sand and the suunto is just more suited to my lifestyle.

Another option, of course, is just to keep your vector and BUY THE 40 like I did! By the way, you can see the size difference of the two (coincidentally) in the attached badly shot pic

I've thought about keeping the Vector and then buying the PAG40, but the plain appearance of the Vector has always kind of bothered me. I've had some people, who don't know about the Vector's reputation, comment asking if it is an old person's watch because the face and digits are so big. The PAG40 looks more like an outdoor watch and has similar features to the Vector, altough it is probably not as high quality as the Vector. I noticed your Citizen promaster, I've got one like it but the face of mine is a fluorescent yellow. I bought a rubber stap for it that is based on the design of a Rolex President metal band and it really dressed the watch up. The band is conformed with a natural curve to it and it extremely comfortable. I'll try to send you a photo of it.

·
Banned
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
deepcdvr - Here is the band I put on my Citizen Aqualand Promaster. Makes the watch look like a million bucks and is extremely comfortable. The watch in the pic isn't mine, this is a photo from the ebay auction I bought the band from.

·
Registered
53 Posts
How do you like your MTM and which model do you have? I thought about buying a Blackhawk for the torch light, but I knew it would bother me not having the day of the month feature. I like the Vulture, but couldn't talk myself in to paying $750.00. I think I'm at the point I can admit I've got a watch addiction, but it helps to find others with the same problem.
Xfactor - I got the MTM Black Warrior w/ steel band, here:
http://www.specialopswatch.com/cart/products.cgi?detail=57
I just got it Saturday - wore it most of the weekend. My pics:
http://dmshearer.zenfolio.com/p329568380/
and mini lume comparison (Doxa, Seiko & MTM), here:
http://dmshearer.zenfolio.com/p220293600/
This was a birthday present from my wife (so that I would have an every day alternative to my Doxa 5000 Mil Shark which I'd hate to mess up).
I chose this model because I couldn't ask her for the Black SEAL (at $1800), didn't think I'd need the fancy lights (due to the tritium), didn't want to mess with re-chargers, and prefer an uncluttered face (the carbon fiber is a little too fancy for me, but it does make for a look different than my Mil Shark).
So far, so good. Every now & then the crown (at 3 o'clock) jabs me in the back of the hand. I could do without the circular yellow insignia blocking most of the 6 o'clock spot - would prefer that if that has to be on the watch, they placed it under the 12. Not sure why the stainless indicies at 9 and 12 partially block the numerals there either.
On a different note - the band you got for your Promaster - was that from WestCoastTime? If that was available in ornage, that would be perfect for the orange Sumo I "need".
David

·
Banned
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This was a birthday present from my wife (so that I would have an every day alternative to my Doxa 5000 Mil Shark which I'd hate to mess up).
I chose this model because I couldn't ask her for the Black SEAL (at $1800), didn't think I'd need the fancy lights (due to the tritium), didn't want to mess with re-chargers, and prefer an uncluttered face (the carbon fiber is a little too fancy for me, but it does make for a look different than my Mil Shark).
So far, so good. Every now & then the crown (at 3 o'clock) jabs me in the back of the hand. I could do without the circular yellow insignia blocking most of the 6 o'clock spot - would prefer that if that has to be on the watch, they placed it under the 12. Not sure why the stainless indicies at 9 and 12 partially block the numerals there either.
On a different note - the band you got for your Promaster - was that from WestCoastTime? If that was available in ornage, that would be perfect for the orange Sumo I "need".
David
I did get the band from westcoast time. When I bought it, he had it listed on ebay. I can't believe how good this band looks, I highly recommend it. The Warrior is a cool looking watch, as are all the MTM watches. What a great gift.

·
Banned
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
David
Hey, I just now took the time to look at your photos those are great. Awesome comparison of the luminous displays. I wonder if guys diagnosed with our watch neurosis have similar traits because I've often thought about taking photos of my watches next to some of my knife collection... I hope there is no cure for your "need" to get the orange Sumo, other than you buying it. |> Thanks for the photos.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
deepcdvr - Here is the band I put on my Citizen Aqualand Promaster. Makes the watch look like a million bucks and is extremely comfortable. The watch in the pic isn't mine, this is a photo from the ebay auction I bought the band from.

That band is awesome! I don't like the band that came with the watch because the metal pieces pinch my arm.

*******, Thanks! I think the watch is great. Like the size, weight and look, although to be honest, I've never worn it for diving... I usually wear G's for underwater work, but I believe this watch could take the abuse!

·
Registered
53 Posts
. . .I've often thought about taking photos of my watches next to some of my knife collection...
I've taken photos of my knife and firearm collection . . . fortunately, I have a very understanding wife . . . www.DeadlyAngels.com

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
David
David

Great Pictures!! I've thought of getting the MTM.. Do you really like it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.