WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't understand why the WUS community is not all over this one:

Finally there's a Pathfinder that will accept standard 22mm straps! With no adapters!

Simply take off the bracelet and "winglets", put the screw bars and tubes back in place and thread on your Zulu - couldn't be simpler.

Besides that, you get a kickass watch :-!

HTH

·
Registered
53 Posts
@gaijin

very nice mod! Did you have any problems at all unscrewing the screwbars? I guess Casio does not use LocTite on them?
Do you happen to know the diameter of the screwbars? If they're not too big, one should be able to attach practically all standard watchbands.

-Valynor

·
Premium Member
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks great!

What color would say that "T" model is in real life? I thought t was going to be grey.

Any other pics would be great!

Thanks!

Looks great that way!!!!
It is indeed grey ... try this pic which I color corrected to see if it looks any better:

:-!

·
Premium Member
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@gaijin

very nice mod! Did you have any problems at all unscrewing the screwbars? I guess Casio does not use LocTite on them?
Do you happen to know the diameter of the screwbars? If they're not too big, one should be able to attach practically all standard watchbands.

-Valynor
There is some thread locking material on the scew bars, but no problem unscrewing them.

The screwbars mic out at 2.20 mm.

HTH

·
Registered
53 Posts
gaijin,

thanks - that helps alot. :) Makes me wonder how a PRW-2000 would look with some nice Toshi straps.
One more question, if you don't mind: How do you like the tactile feeling of the pushers of the PRW-2000? Especially the mode button seems a little bit difficult to press since it appears to be somewhat recessed. I'm asking because I'm about to pull the trigger on a PRW-2000-1VER. ;-)

-Valynor

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Hi,
I was looking at the PAW-1300 for quite some time but the PAW-2000 won the race. It's number one on my wish list. I'll pull the trigger as soon as I have the money to buy it :-!:-!:-!.

Greetings, Sedi :)

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I don't understand why the WUS community is not all over this one:

Finally there's a Pathfinder that will accept standard 22mm straps! With no adapters!

Simply take off the bracelet and "winglets", put the screw bars and tubes back in place and thread on your Zulu - couldn't be simpler.

Besides that, you get a kickass watch :-!

HTH
One of the issues issues/facets of the Protreks is that although Casio constantly evolves the line, they are fundamentally flawed as ABC`s lacking; mean seal level (MSL) and altimeter locks with the newer iterations having small low resolution trend graphs. The are still great watches and the 2000 is more versatile for having traditional lugs.

Those want an ABC for field work will probably pass, not having MSL makes the Protrek`s more difficult to set up and for many digest the readings. The Casio ABC`s are more aimed at the sports multifunctional market and here there is plenty of competition, the 2000 is very similar to the 1300 and many will not see a benefit in buying the new model.

For me the only real differentiator is the duplex display and I would rather have the more field orientated PRG-80 with it`s far more usable barometer trend graph and it`s greater levels of readability

The Protek line is becoming confused and diluted from it`s origins, it may sell more units in the short term, in the long term the heritage will be eroded as a serious field watch, and with that the attraction for many will wane :think:

Q-6

·
Registered
470 Posts
Here's a related question. I just bought one of the deeply discounted PAW40 Pathfinders from Costco. It's displaying a baro value that matches the MSL reading on my Altis and Altitech, which have proven very accurate. Is the PAW40 out of calibration, then? Should it be showing local baro pressure?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Here's a related question. I just bought one of the deeply discounted PAW40 Pathfinders from Costco. It's displaying a baro value that matches the MSL reading on my Altis and Altitech, which have proven very accurate. Is the PAW40 out of calibration, then? Should it be showing local baro pressure?
If you are happy with the readings leave it be. You can set the Protrek`s to MSL and they will be accurate depending on the local weather condition and your altitude. If you set up a Protrek to MSL when you are above sea level, don't be surprised if when you go the beach the readings are off. MSL is a common integer and an equaliser for altitude, with the PAW-40 the trend graph is far more benefit than the value. My PRG-80 is indication 1008hPa, the local airport is reporting 1012hPA, Timex WS4 1012hPa, and they are all accurate :think:

Q-6

·
Registered
89 Posts
Queen6, Would it be possible to get some pics of your Timex WS4 ? I am intetrested in purchasing this watch and have yet to actually see some good pics. Any more info or pics would be greatly appreicated.

If you are happy with the readings leave it be. You can set the Protrek`s to MSL and they will be accurate depending on the local weather condition and your altitude. If you set up a Protrek to MSL when you are above sea level, don't be surprised if when you go the beach the readings are off. MSL is a common integer and an equaliser for altitude, with the PAW-40 the trend graph is far more benefit than the value. My PRG-80 is indication 1008hPa, the local airport is reporting 1012hPA, Timex WS4 1012hPa, and they are all accurate :think:

Q-6

·
Registered
470 Posts
Queen6, Would it be possible to get some pics of your Timex WS4 ? I am intetrested in purchasing this watch and have yet to actually see some good pics. Any more info or pics would be greatly appreicated.
Assuming I'm not missing something, did you try searching here? There are pics posted by Queen6 here and here that I think are what you're looking for. Apologies if you're looking for something else.

·
Registered
280 Posts
jnewell thanks for the links. I wasn't even looking for this watch but the model Q-6 has looks great.

Plus the features and accuracy interest me.

Q-6, I was curious to know how comfortable the watch is? Is the module user friendly? How is the backlight?

Thanks!

I am going to look the manual up tonight. I have a new interest in Timex again. Especially based on price and quality!

·
Registered
470 Posts
You're welcome.

I am waiting for Q6's next installment in the Timex WS4 review series, in which he will test the optional wheels kit. ;-) (I do not mean to be slamming the watch - other than the fact that it looks like a TV and is about the same size, it's an extremely impressive watch, especially considering the price and performance.)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts