WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Pathfinder 1500 does not seem to be syncing with the atomic signal. I left it by a window last night and there is no indication that it synced. A little triangle is supposed to appear in the upper left corner near the moon phase.

Am I supposed to do anything special with the watch like put in in Rec mode or something at night? It's on Auto signal now.

Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
If the home city is correctly set, and receive is enabled, then you have set it up OK. Reception varies with location and the weather.

Where do you live?

·
Registered
27 Posts
With my Muddie, I can force the issue and manually sync to the Atomic radio anytime. It also gives a level (L1 - L3) of signal. Not sure if the Pathfinder has this feature or not...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With my Muddie, I can force the issue and manually sync to the Atomic radio anytime. It also gives a level (L1 - L3) of signal. Not sure if the Pathfinder has this feature or not...
Yes, it does have the L1-3...Someone told me that I have to keep the Pathfinder sitting straight up. I had it sitting on it's side. Does this make sense? Would this affect it getting a signal?:-!

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Yes, it does have the L1-3...Someone told me that I have to keep the Pathfinder sitting straight up. I had it sitting on it's side. Does this make sense? Would this affect it getting a signal?:-!
Only if you were in a particularly poor reception area, where all sorts of positional tricks might help.

If you're in a good reception area, they sync whatever you do. Every atomic watch I've had, for instance, has synced while I'm asleep, while I'm walking down the street, or while I'm sitting at the computer. I've even had them sync in deep mediaeval cellars in Krakow where phones won't work.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I live in the Southeastern US, Georgia.
Then it should work. I keep mine near a SW facing window (I'm in SC) and they sync just about every night. But not every night. Give it a few more nights.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Only if you were in a particularly poor reception area, where all sorts of positional tricks might help.

If you're in a good reception area, they sync whatever you do. Every atomic watch I've had, for instance, has synced while I'm asleep, while I'm walking down the street, or while I'm sitting at the computer. I've even had them sync in deep mediaeval cellars in Krakow where phones won't work.
They are amazing aren't they!......I've had mine put away in a storage case and they still synch.
Regards Sonny

1 - 10 of 10 Posts