WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my new PAW, it's the mighty PAW1500T-7V! I really like the rugged look, yet it's fairly light on my wrist. Yes! the display is a bit busy which I don't mind since those bells and whistles are just part of the fun and excitement for me as a digital watch; and they might be helpful on some occasions.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Totally nice, congrats! I wouldn't kick one out of bed either :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can honestly say that Proteks/Pathfinders are tough watches considering that they were made for outdoor and field use. If you'll search some of the old threads here, you'll see them being used by some Armies.

Who knows? perhaps they are as tough as G-Shocks.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Congratulations on one of the toughest looking Pathys out :-! did you adjust the bracelet or have it done.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Thanks fellas!

I did it myself, I was hesitant to do it, but I was so excited and can't wait until tomorrow to go to the shop and have it done. :oops:
I have adjusted a couple of mine but they were simple. Sieko has some that have a a pin and collar I took that one my Black Knight in to have it done, also it was NOS so if I messed it up it would be harder to replace.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Nice catch! The 1500 is a great watch...I love mine! :-!

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Well the 1500/130 series now has the biggest range of models to choose from :-d

PRW-1500YJ-1JF or PRG-130Y-1V

PRW-1500CAJ-3JR or PRG-130GC-3DR

PRW-1500CAJ-4JR or PRG-130-4DR

PRW-1500GB-1V or PRG-130GB-1VDR

PRW-1500YTJ-1JF (Japan only, if you see one outside of Japan it`s a JDM export, Casio.DE for example)

PRW-1500TJ-7JF or PRG-130T-7VDR

PRW-1500J-1JF or PRG-130-1VDR

All have full moon phase (8 segment, single step) & tide data & dual CDT ;-)

The PRW`s are listed out of Japan, Euro & US version have differing numbering sequences. Just go to Casio.com for you regional site for more info.

PRG`s do not have "Atomic" reception, all Japanese domestic market (JDM) Protrek`s are metric only , however most barring the "YTJ" are available in different regions with both metric & imperial measurements. The Black titanium (Ion plated) bracelet off the YTJ can be sourced for around $60 USD and will fit any of the 1500/130 range, making a more realistic alternative to the JDM PRW-1500J-1JF which is priced for the domestic market (expensive around $800) and metric only.

My PRG-130 just kind of snook up and quietly clocked up the wrist hours. I always thought I would move it on, as it`s ability as a field ABC is compromised for several reasons (which I still standby), however as a multifunctional digital it`s become a hard watch to beat, for work and generally knocking about, especially if you live by the coast. I have two 130`s (1500) a GB-1V & GC-3D, if I am here long enough I will definitely be looking at the PRG-130Y, and I have the black TI bracelet to match...

Q-6

1 - 20 of 27 Posts