WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I just received payment from an unverified paypal user with an unconfirmed address. I know that there are risks involved but would like to hear any comments that you guys have.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers~
SKy

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Hi guys,

I just received payment from an unverified paypal user with an unconfirmed address. I know that there are risks involved but would like to hear any comments that you guys have.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers~
SKy
I would ask for trusted references for the potential buyer from different forums if you don't know the buyer. Everyone has to start sometime & you may very well be the buyers first time. As always, NEVER send anything until you have the money (as if you didn't already know that anyway with all your experience). It seems strange that the buyer has an unconfirmed address though (haven't heard that one before). I am not a "confirmed" PayPal user because I don't want to set up a bank account for just PayPal (maybe later, but not now). If you have any doubts, have the buyer send you a Postal Money order for your country's money. Once you have the cash, complete the transaction. If in doubt, pass on the sale; there's a wrist for every watch. Good luck & let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would ask for trusted references for the potential buyer from different forums if you don't know the buyer. Everyone has to start sometime & you may very well be the buyers first time. As always, NEVER send anything until you have the money (as if you didn't already know that anyway with all your experience). It seems strange that the buyer has an unconfirmed address though (haven't heard that one before). I am not a "confirmed" PayPal user because I don't want to set up a bank account for just PayPal (maybe later, but not now). If you have any doubts, have the buyer send you a Postal Money order for your country's money. Once you have the cash, complete the transaction. If in doubt, pass on the sale; there's a wrist for every watch. Good luck & let us know how you make out.
Hi Snowback,

Thank you for your quick response.

I have received the money in my paypal account. The problem is that the buyer's account details is very strange; his account is unverified and his address is an unconfirmed address.

The person saw my listing in ebay and a negotiation was done through emails. I asked for ebay references and he said that he does'nt use ebay to bid. The guy is from Hong Kong.

I know this sounds ridiculas after i have been through so many transactions with people from all over the world. However this particular transaction makes me feel abit uneasy.

Ultimately what i will do is to send the package by AR registry so that the post office will be able to track it and only the buyer will be able to receive the package.

cheers~
SKy

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just received payment from an unverified paypal user with an unconfirmed address.
Dont think I am of any help here. Anyway, paypal members from quite a number of countries couldnt get their address confirmed. Mine is unconfirmed and there is no way I could confirmed it. By having an unconfirmed address, does it mean one isnt trustable enough to get it confirmed?

Bottomline is we must be careful when dealing with buyers paying via paypal, even with verified members, as who knows they might have something under their sleeves. :-X :-X Moreover, this one is an unverified one. Well you may think he is a newbie. Take precaution my friend. B-)

Batista

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I'm unconfirmed, even though I have a direct link to my bank account, and have used Paypal hundreds of times.

Becoming confirmed would entail waiting for Paypal to ring me to confirm my address, which I've never been bothered to do.

No trader has ever been the slightest bit bothered. The money appears in their bank account immediately, so they're happy.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm unconfirmed, even though I have a direct link to my bank account, and have used Paypal hundreds of times.

Becoming confirmed would entail waiting for Paypal to ring me to confirm my address, which I've never been bothered to do.

No trader has ever been the slightest bit bothered. The money appears in their bank account immediately, so they're happy.
Hi Tribe,

Thank you very much for the response. I feel abit better now.

By the way i will have more watches to show you in a week or so. Do you want to see them?please?:-D

Have a good weekend to come:-!

cheers~
SKy

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Hi Tribe,

Thank you very much for the response. I feel abit better now.

By the way i will have more watches to show you in a week or so. Do you want to see them?please?:-D

Have a good weekend to come:-!

cheers~
SKy
:-D

Yes, didn't I say you couldn't tempt me to buy any more Seikos? I can't wait to get the bracelet re-sized on this Sawtooth, though - what a magnificent chunk of bicep-building engineering! I think the SKX007 may find itself being 'retired' - mechanicals might have 'soul' but I like a bit of quartz in a watch!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was unconfirmed (address) for a long time (it was hard to do in Canada). Verifying your account is also, I think, only available for people who sync in their bank accounts, rather then just the credit cards, so I wouldn't think of it as too much of a deal breaker. Hopefully it goes well!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just make sure the payment has cleared into your back account and that no money is left in your PayPal account before you send off the item. but this advice should be followed for all transactions not just for unconfirmed peeps.
As its way too easy to get the item you've paid for then get your money back buy opening a dispute,when using PP:rodekaart

·
Registered
6,456 Posts
I recently had a weird case where the buyer's address was in the US, but paypal was outside the US (extra fee involved for me :-( ), and the address was his work address in the US (unverified).

I gave the payment a few days, and then sent it, but did verify the incongruencies with the buyer who was great about it all.

So, just make sure the benjamin's get in your bank!

Neil

·
Registered
82 Posts
Most HK paypal users are uncomfirmed address.
Is there have any transaction number reference beside the word "unverified user (?)" ?

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'm still £190 in the red on Paypal cos I mailed my antman, got the money into Paypal, transferred it out then spent it. Next the buyer reversed the deal....eventually I got the money paid back to me . Then he reversed it again....now I am £190 down. The buyer has vanished, as has my watch. Paypal will offer me no help whatsoever. I will never use Paypal again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts