WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a guy send me money through paypal for a watch I had for sale. problem is he's not verified and he wants me to ship it to a different address than the paypal one. My question is, should I proceed with this? can paypal take money back if this guy is phoney? what do you guys suggest?

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
PayPal can take the money back for any number of reasons, reasonable or not. If it's not a "verified" address and the buyer claims some sort of fraud - you're out the watch and the funds. But even if you send it to a verified address you still have little to no protection.

Most people are honest so it's probably alright. However, if I still used PayPal I would want a few more e-mails back and forth with the buyer as to why it's going to a different address. I'd also probably want to talk to him on the phone to get a feel for who I was dealing with. Granted, I no longer use PayPal as I got burned too often by them...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dude's address is in switzerland and wants me to send it to Windsor, Ontario. says he's going to university there. seems shady.:rodekaart

·
Registered
521 Posts
Ask him to get verified; it's an easy process. If he gives you a song and dance, you know there's a problem; probably a stolen CC.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Dont send it. He can very easily call his CC company and have the address he wants it shipped to added to his credit card. He can then go into paypal and have them verify the address. Shouldnt take more than 30 minutes total. If he's not willing to do that, just refund him the money.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Most people are honest so it's probably alright. However, if I still used PayPal I would want a few more e-mails back and forth with the buyer as to why it's going to a different address. I'd also probably want to talk to him on the phone to get a feel for who I was dealing with. Granted, I no longer use PayPal as I got burned too often by them...
Still havent learned, huh? :-d j/k

B

·
0 Posts
I just had a guy send me money through paypal for a watch I had for sale. problem is he's not verified and he wants me to ship it to a different address than the paypal one. My question is, should I proceed with this? can paypal take money back if this guy is phoney? what do you guys suggest?
I suggest you don't do it.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Ask him to get verified; it's an easy process....
Not quite. From PayPal:

Most addresses outside the U.S. can't be confirmed at this time.
If a seller requires a confirmed shipping address, PayPal suggests the buyer contact the seller directly. Sellers may deliver to an unconfirmed address, but are liable for any buyer-initiated disputes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts