WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, got a PD-1639 and have been taking turns to put on wrist with another PD (submariner homage) for the past 3 weeks, about 12 hours each watch including sleep time. For the past few days it's been running slow, like 30 minutes slow in just 4 hours and I'm wondering what could have caused this. I've tried to demagnetized it (not sure if it's the cause and I couldn't find and install an app called "lepsi" (recommended on google, a watch analyzer app to detect if a watch is magnetized) already but it's slow.

Any thoughts?
20201021_121143.jpg

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hi folks, got a PD-1639 and have been taking turns to put on wrist with another PD (submariner homage) for the past 3 weeks, about 12 hours each watch including sleep time. For the past few days it's been running slow, like 30 minutes slow in just 4 hours and I'm wondering what could have caused this. I've tried to demagnetized it (not sure if it's the cause and I couldn't find and install an app called "lepsi" (recommended on google, a watch analyzer app to detect if a watch is magnetized) already but it's slow.

Any thoughts?
View attachment 15510967
Magnetized watches generally run fast, real fast so I don't think that's your problem.
Have you noticed of the watch is stopping at any point during the 4 hours?
It could be in need od cleaning and proper oiling; these watches probably don't get the attention they need at the factory to run for very long. A proper service can usually turn these into long term accuracy machines.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It's only a month old so I didn't think/know there's a need for cleaning/oiling. It'd be nice to know how to oil it properly (with what oil and what parts once it's opened up, etc)? I just wound it 15 minutes ago then it stopped completely, then I shook it a few times then it started again...

They really are nice watches, before this happened, timegrapher showed this PD1639 was running +7sec/day. I really enjoy these 2 watches... :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
It's only a month old so I didn't think/know there's a need for cleaning/oiling. It'd be nice to know how to oil it properly (with what oil and what parts once it's opened up, etc)? I just wound it 15 minutes ago then it stopped completely, then I shook it a few times then it started again...

They really are nice watches, before this happened, timegrapher showed this PD1639 was running +7sec/day. I really enjoy these 2 watches... :)
Proper oiling will require a complete disassembly of the movement which isn't a task for the inexperienced. Better off buying another watch or a new movement to swap in.

·
Registered
Speedmaster coaxial on Forstner Komfit
2,045 Posts
Not knowing anything about this watch and movement, my uneducated guess would be insufficient winding due to a combination of a slightly inefficient autowinding mechanism and not enough wrist time.
Have you tried simply winding it every morning?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
According to the manual there's no hand winding but I did it anyway assuming there is that. But after 30+ spins on the only possible position of the crown for winding, there's no sign of winding to the full. Didn't wanna risk damaging the movement. But still after I laid it down it stopped in 30 seconds...:confused:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NH35a movement. Anyone tried to swap out the movement with nh35a movement and it fitted, or it's actually a clone and will not fit? I have one nh35a at hand, being tempted to give it a try.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,193 Posts
If you have a spare movement to hand and it looks just like the one in the watch, then I am confident that it will swap in.

As was mentioned in another recent thread, if the movement is signed 'SII' and 'NH35a' then it is a Seiko product and not a clone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts