WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Pelagos, and have loved it.

A couple years ago the outer rotating bezel got snagged and popped it off. I sent it back for Tudor and it had to have new parts installed.

Last week I was walking from room to room and bumped the Pelagos into a door handle whilst being covered by my sleeve. This is the outcome. It does still run but I havent worn it since. Im not sure what may have happened?

Supposed to be centered with top mark
IMG_9624.jpg
IMG_9628.jpg

·
Registered
18,237 Posts
Seeing that the date in the date window is showing the 4th and assuming the movement is still held in place by the crown, I would say that your dial came loose.

Send it back to Tudor to get it repaired.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seeing that the date in the date window is showing the 4th and assuming the movement is still held in place by the crown, I would say that your dial came loose.

Send it back to Tudor to get it repaired.
I'm not 100% but I know I got this watch back less than two years ago from getting the new bezel put on.. Is there a possibility the replacement process led to this?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I have not seen that before but I am amazed that anything like that would happen to a Tudor. A dial coming loose due to bumping it on a door handle? I would be horrified if it happened to a $10 watch, much less a Pelagos.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Broken dial feet. Common thing to happen when a watch is bumped.

A dial have 2 “feet” (or pegs) that goes through 2 holes in the movement. This is what holds the dial in place so it doesn’t spin around. The feet really only breaks when the watch suffers a heavy knock. I’d say its 0 chance due to service. If it was a klutzy technician who broke it during service, or even during shipping, you would’ve seen this right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,237 Posts
I'm not 100% but I know I got this watch back less than two years ago from getting the new bezel put on.. Is there a possibility the replacement process led to this?
Unlikely. The feet came loose. If the service tech did it, he would have noticed it when it was being tested prior to return. Considering that you were wearing it for two years? Nah, you did this.

·
Registered
686 Posts
JEEBUSS!

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
I had the exact same thing happen to my 2 liner maybe 6 months ago. Knowing I didn't want to pay Tudor for a new dial I sat down and 30 minutes and 4 dial dots later she was good as new. As expected (really the only thing that could have happened) the dial feet were sheared off at the dial. If it ever goes back to Tudor the watchmaker will have a WTF moment when they go to remove the dial.

I will say I didn't even notice what caused it, I just looked down sometime later and thought "what the hell".

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wow. THis has me re-thinking a new Tudor purchase. I have knocked the crap out of my Rolex GMT, Deepsea and vintage Sub, along with vintage Seiko divers and nothing like this ever happened!

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Wow. THis has me re-thinking a new Tudor purchase. I have knocked the crap out of my Rolex GMT, Deepsea and vintage Sub, along with vintage Seiko divers and nothing like this ever happened!
I wouldn't sweat it because of this. Mine and the OP's are the only instances I have heard of in the 8 years they have been out. It is an unusual failure but it does happen to watches. It is possible I broke the feet on a previous day of wear and just had the right tap later to actually rotate it.

It really isn't a difficult repair. Tudor will replace the dial $$. A good watchmaker can solder new feet on $. A hobby hack like me can fix it with dial dots ¢. Literally. I used 32 cents worth of parts.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Wait until you learn about the lume plots falling out of the bezel, or the BB GMT's date failure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts