WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question for you guys out there. I can get all three for roughly the same price here in Tokyo (our sales tax is going up so tons of people are rushing to buy before that happens, including me). I like the pedigree of the Tudor and the fact that it's Ti. I like the fact that the Oris is Ti, is unique and a good size for me and a couple hundred cheaper. I like how badass the Ball looks, the size and it's quality. Can't decide, but I can get the Ball and Tudor for around $2600 USD on sale.

Leaning towards the Ball, but wonder if the Pelagos is a better potential investment. Hmmmm...thoughts??

·
Registered
772 Posts
Pictures for one.
Two, none are really my cup of tea, but I would definitely go with the tudor from what I've researched on the net. The fit and finish are top notch and comfort is what I'd start to look more towards when getting into those larger type divers. Best of luck.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Brand recognition wise, the pelagos wins hands down. For the oris are you talking about the titan chronograph? If you are I think the nedu is the better choice amongst the two chronograph divers. I have tried on the nedu and pelagos. The pelagos just looks more classy and wears better on my 6.5"wrist compared to the nedu. So for me, pelagos first choice, nedu second.

Sent from the dark side

·
Registered
632 Posts
I would go for the tudor pelagos. the ball a close second. BTW 2600 USD for a brand new pelagos? i'd buy that in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a feeling the general consensus would be Pelagos. That being said, I didn't think it was any better quality than the Nedu. I have a 7.25 inch wrist, so both those fit well. Not to mention the Nedu is chronometer certified. Gah, will think about it more. Been wanting both forever and they can both be had that cheap here (the Nedu is nearly impossible to find, Pelagos everywhere.)

·
Registered
632 Posts

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Check the FS prices: most of the Pelagos are over $ 3,000.
You are getting a very good deal in the best watch of your three potential ones...
One more vote for the Tudor!

·
6,602 Posts
Another vote for the Pelagos .....

Cheers
Shannon

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Ha ha. Thanks everyone. I hate to say it, despite all the positive push for the Pelagos, I'll probably go Nedu. Just tried it on again and it simply sings to me more--plus I can pick the Pelagos up anytime here in Tokyo for around $3000. The Nedu sells for around $4000 and I can't find it anywhere except for one store at full retail, so the deal I found is too good to pass up, I think. Plus I've been wanting a chrono diver for ages. Apparently the Pelagos here hasn't been selling well (the Black Bay has, though), so that's why the prices are so cheap. Gonna try both on again tonight and decide for sure.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts