WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of the sporting memorabilia presented to Pele during his life and career are currently being auctioned off. One of these was a Seamaster that ended up selling for over £5,000 (the estimate was £420-£560 which was always far too low).

Just thought I'd share:
PELÉ OMEGA WRISTWATCH - Price Estimate: £420 - £560

·
Registered
927 Posts

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Would probably have gone for a lot more if it didn't have that weird dude on the dial. I seriously doubt that he wore it much.
Well it went for GBP5,000! That's a lot more than the estimate!

Is there any reason why his stuff is getting auctioned off?
The director of the auction house:

“He’s 75 now and this is his legacy, and he wants to see these items all over the world in museums and in the hands of people who are going to cherish them and love them and appreciate them for many, many years to come.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/31/pele-auctions-off-his-entire-football-history

·
Premium Member
40,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would probably have gone for a lot more if it didn't have that weird dude on the dial. I seriously doubt that he wore it much.

Is there any reason why his stuff is getting auctioned off?

edit: these two, on the other hand.... PELÉ TWO STAINLESS STEEL WATCHES - Price Estimate: £280 - £420
I had my eye on this one.

Even if it didn't belong to Pele it would have fetched around the estimate in good condition.
PELÉ RADO WRISTWATCH - Price Estimate: £210 - £350

·
Premium Member
7,528 Posts
My firt thought was, "Who's Pele?" then I looked at the dial. Wait, what?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
My firt thought was, "Who's Pele?" then I looked at the dial. Wait, what?
You seriously didn't know who Pele is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Iliyan and C300

·
Banned
129 Posts
Pele is regarded as the greatest soccer player of all time,he scored over a 1000 goals and won 4 world cups.
but well not everyone knows that

·
Premium Member
40,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pele is regarded as the greatest soccer player of all time,he scored over a 1000 goals and won 4 world cups.
but well not everyone knows that
Probably because he only won 3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts