1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
82 Posts
It's entirely possible to get it for that price. In Canada, they were available at Costco for $270CDN.
You can score one around $150US if you don't mind getting a factory reconditioned one. These are sold by Casio US on ebay. I don't know where you are, but they only ship to US addresses.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
what about the place they are made in?
is it suppose to say made in japan or cased in thailand?
does it really make any difference?

btw i live in Australia, the best way is probably get it off ebay.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
what about the place they are made in?
is it suppose to say made in japan or cased in thailand?
does it really make any difference?
Models can be made in a variety of Casio's manufacturing plants. In the last year or two, as you have seen, parts may also be made in one location and assembled in another. Some collectors value 'Made in Japan' models, but the consensus on this forum is that watches from different factories are indistinguishable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Models can be made in a variety of Casio's manufacturing plants. In the last year or two, as you have seen, parts may also be made in one location and assembled in another. Some collectors value 'Made in Japan' models, but the consensus on this forum is that watches from different factories are indistinguishable.

thanks a lot, that is very helpful :-!
gonna get that model soon then ^^ cant wait to get it =p

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
What do they mean by "titanium coating on case and bracelet"? :-s
The Casio website says: "Titanium highlights and stainless steel case & bracelet".

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What do they mean by "titanium coating on case and bracelet"? :-s
i think its just the surface is 'painted' with titanium to make it looks more shinning, but inside is still stainless steel.

anyway, i still would like to know where people's GW-1200BA is made in, (it says at the back of the watch). Thanks :)

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
i think its just the surface is 'painted' with titanium to make it looks more shinning, but inside is still stainless steel.
That doesn't really add up though; titanium has a much duller lustre than SS and is also much easier to scratch, so a titanium coating would wear away very quickly I'd expect.

May be they mean solid titanium parts on or next to the SS parts. :think:

Anyway, looks like a nice model from the pics. I think someone here has that model, so you should get an answer eventually about where it's made. I'd guess the module is made in Japan.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol who knows eh, as long as it looks cool
so anyone can answer my question?? does your GW-1200BA-1AV say made in japan or tailand or something else??

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
TBS, have a look through the last couple of weeks of 'what you're wearing threads' (usually only couple per week), and see if this model is in one (I vaguely recall seeing it)...

...if you find it, you can PM the owner for info.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TBS, have a look through the last couple of weeks of 'what you're wearing threads' (usually only couple per week), and see if this model is in one (I vaguely recall seeing it)...

...if you find it, you can PM the owner for info.
that is a good idea, thanks a lot!

anyone can recommand a place to buy this watch?

·
Registered
12 Posts
As it appears on the back of my GW-1200BA.

CASIO 3335 GW-1200BA ST.STEEL BACK JAPAN MOV'T H CASED IN THAILAND WATER RESIST 20 BAR
Letter for letter, hope that answers your question.

Love this watch, it's my second G-shock, and as expected it's thus far indestructible.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts