WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fellow watch fanatics - I am so on the fence as to which 2018 Rollie MASTER GMT ll Pepsi on SS Jubilee or Rootbeer on two-tone Ever Rose on Oyster will be next to add to my collection. I love them both equally and will wear on the job (office professional) as well as on weekends.

I’m not concerned about resale value one vs another. Just want to get your take here on which one SINGS to you most and WHY? Which looks more “impressive” and screams Rolex and subsequently noticed more by the average “Joe” ? :)))

Thanks in advance for weighing it!

Cheers!!!

Frank -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
I love my Pepsi, and have decided that the Rootbeer is next. I had honesty never seen one in the flesh until recently. I was instantly sold. Had I seen the Rootbeer in the flesh first is would have been down to which one I could grab from an ad first.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Rootbeer feels more professional, and I prefer the oyster bracelet. I am biased, however, as I thing the Pepsi looks toy-like, with much of the appeal due to current craze, and I much prefer the Batman, anyway.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: fcammarata

·
Registered
307 Posts
I love both but I would go with the Pepsi. That’s likely going to be the next piece I try to get my hands on. If you choose the Root Beer, I know of an AD in Pennsylvania (if you’re in the US) that had one a few weeks ago. Might still be available

·
Registered
146 Posts
The Pepsi for it’s timeless look and functionality. It seems in many ways the GMTs have overtaken Subs as more popular, but it was never the case until recently. I’ve always felt the GMT was the best watch Rolex makes. I’m patiently waiting for the Meteorite GMT which I hope will arrive later this year. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'd take the Rootbeer. Tried one on a couple months ago and was blown away by how well the rose gold works on this piece. Really muted and not overly flashy. Plus, you won't pay too much over MSRP right now whereas it's going to be a long time before the Pepsi prices come down...

·
Premium Member
1,835 Posts
You cannot go wrong with either, however I would choose the Pepsi because of 3 reasons..

1) Timeless bezel combination
2) All steel and hence less flashy.
3) Jubilee bracelets are less telling of flaws.

However, we collectors have our own pet peeves. I am tad biased towards the Pepsi. But I have seen both on my wrist and would choose Pepsi every time.

Same watch. Different bracelets.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I like both, but I think like someone said before the Pepsi looks toy like. My plan was to get all three Pepsi, Batgirl, TT Root Beer. When I purchased the Root Beer I decided it was enough, and if I wanted an SS GMT it would be the discontinued Batman. You have to see them both together in person, because the Root Beer looks more impressive in actual life than the Pepsi. In my opinion you should ask your family, and friends (non WIS) if you want a more real life, average Joe opinion.

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
I would go for the Pepsi, as everose gold doesn’t suit my skin tone and the Pepsi has the Jubilee bracelet which I love.

Reactions: fcammarata

·
Registered
354 Posts
Pepsi GMT
I've had the chance to wear both. Since you'll be keeping it awhile, my opinion is only on the aesthetics of the watch, not market value, availability...

I think Rootbeer looks better in the case than on my wrist. Everytime I've seen it on the wrist when I'm out and about the two tone Rootbeer looks larger than the other GMTs to me. It looks so great in the case.

The Pepsi GMT. This is, to me, the best looking stainless steel(SS) watch on the market. I have a few watches and I always feel guilty purchasing bc I know no watch should be worth $5k, 10k, 20k... but if you asked me which SS rolex is the most valuable and I knew nothing about watches... I'd pick this one. But it's so brilliant that it ends up back in my box more than on my wrist. lol.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you, thank you to all of you who weighed in on my dilemma!!! Your input is valued very much. I’m closer to making a decision. I’m now 50/50 on either one, LOL! Seriously, just looking at everyone’s comments here, the Pepsi may have a slight edge over the Rootbeer but ever (rose) so slight! Clearly, there are strong opinions for each and I realize it comes down to personal choice. Pepsi may be a little more versatile a watch in terms of style
and wearability but the Rootbeer scores huge points for the immediate eye catching “Wow” factor given the bezel color combo and EverRose gold harmonization.

Lastly, if I were to purchase right now, I would expect to pay 2-4K more for the all SS Pepsi over the SS/Rose Gold. Again, price isn’t going to effect my decision but it sure is unsettling when trying to rationalize why I’d pay that much more for an all SS model!

My raging dilemma continues!!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thank you, thank you to all of you who weighed in on my dilemma!!! Your input is valued very much. I’m closer to making a decision. I’m now 50/50 on either one, LOL! Seriously, just looking at everyone’s comments here, the Pepsi may have a slight edge over the Rootbeer but ever (rose) so slight! Clearly, there are strong opinions for each and I realize it comes down to personal choice. Pepsi may be a little more versatile a watch in terms of style
and wearability but the Rootbeer scores huge points for the immediate eye catching “Wow” factor given the bezel color combo and EverRose gold harmonization.

Lastly, if I were to purchase right now, I would expect to pay 2-4K more for the all SS Pepsi over the SS/Rose Gold. Again, price isn’t going to effect my decision but it sure is unsettling when trying to rationalize why I’d pay that much more for an all SS model!

My raging dilemma continues!!!

If you decide on the Pepsi I would wait because I think price will definitely come down more, like what happened with the Batgirl. Also it will get hit hard when the coke GMT comes out in my opinion. Regarding Rootbeer, some people think it may go under MSRP as with all TT sports, but I don't think so.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts