WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been some discussion on other threads relating to performance cars, so I thought that I'd start a new thread as watches and cars are a passion. I'm a petrol head, but the yanks don't seem aware of that term ;-)

Anyway, I'll start with my E60 M5, 5 litre V10. The best engine BMW has ever made and a development from their motorsport arm:

funf.jpg

funf1.jpg

funf2.jpg

funf3.jpg

funf4.jpg

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
Beautiful e60... that V10 is a monster and one of BMWs best sounding engines!

I’ll play along! Modest, I’m sure, compared to others in this forum... but GMT II x 2020 F80 M4 competition in San Marino Blue on Sakhir Orange interior!

Some of just the car...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
There has been some discussion on other threads relating to performance cars, so I thought that I'd start a new thread as watches and cars are a passion. I'm a petrol head, but the yanks don't seem aware of that term ;-)

Anyway, I'll start with my E60 M5, 5 litre V10. The best engine BMW has ever made and a development from their motorsport arm:

View attachment 15103735

View attachment 15103737

View attachment 15103741

View attachment 15103745

View attachment 15103749
Great new Thread Knighty,
Just checking the " performance" criteria..
Is it limited to just pure speed and handling plus/ minus luxury or can it include off road performance as well with a mix of both..eg RR's?
Dave

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey can I play along here? No Rolex for me yet in my collection (hopefully someday) but I do love the intertwined history of watches and motorsport. One of the reasons I ended up with my speedy pro was the fact that before all the moon watch stuff it was a purpose built racing chronograph first. I'm also a huge BMW fan...this is my 2018 M2 LCI. 20190629_120823.jpg 20190706_103112.jpg 20190728_154154.jpg

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
Hey can I play along here? No Rolex for me yet in my collection (hopefully someday) but I do love the intertwined history of watches and motorsport. One of the reasons I ended up with my speedy pro was the fact that before all the moon watch stuff it was a purpose built racing chronograph first. I'm also a huge BMW fan...this is my 2018 M2 LCI.
Great car; great watch! I also have a Speedmaster (albeit the 40mm Racing model with the grey and yellow dial on rubber), and that watch has a special place in my collection!

Also love the M2! Those hips don’t lie and it’s a seriously fun performance car! Might be the most pure ///M car currently sold today. I almost jumped on a Hockenheim Silver M2C (one of the best colors ever... so good BMW refuses to put it on anything other than the M2, no matter how much you’re willing to pay apparently), but I do need to fit adults in the back and the rear seats in the M2 just didn’t cut it vs the M4 :/

Reactions: Slowphiveo

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
My neighbor has the same car and we travel the same route on I-70 in Maryland to our offices. I play hell trying to keep him in sight to and from work. I can usually hear him coming up on me. Only traffic keeps me in the game. A magnificent beast indeed!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Great car; great watch! I also have a Speedmaster (albeit the 40mm Racing model with the grey and yellow dial on rubber), and that watch has a special place in my collection!

Also love the M2! Those hips don’t lie and it’s a seriously fun performance car! Might be the most pure ///M car currently sold today. I almost jumped on a Hockenheim Silver M2C (one of the best colors ever... so good BMW refuses to put it on anything other than the M2, no matter how much you’re willing to pay apparently), but I do need to fit adults in the back and the rear seats in the M2 just didn’t cut it vs the M4 :/

Thanks! Your car is beautiful as well! For me it was more a matter of cost. I would have loved an M4 but I got such a great deal on the M2 and ordered it exactly the way I wanted. If I were to have "stretched" for the M4 I would have had to settle for fewer options...Maybe when the next gen G series arrives I will be tempted again?

Reactions: SaMaster14

·
4,393 Posts
Great thread... but... we have a car thread already.

Why should this be separate to that? Granted, your cars so far are fairly impressive, but unless I have seen some seriously sick stuff, this thread will merged with the soccer mommobiles elsewhere on this forum. So prove me wrong with photos. Show me why this thread should live!

One caveat, no fakers here, like usual, so let’s get some wrist shot over the hood and inside your ride with a dash photo of you wearing your watch on your wrist, or your watch placed just so, that others can determine the car, and, perhaps the year. Horsepower, top speed, and general quickness to 60/97 apply for bonus points.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great thread... but... we have a car thread already.

Why should this be separate to that? Granted, your cars so far are fairly impressive, but unless I have seen some seriously sick stuff, this thread will merged with the soccer mommobiles elsewhere on this forum. So prove me wrong with photos. Show me why this thread should live!

One caveat, no fakers here, like usual, so let’s get some wrist shot over the hood and inside your ride with a dash photo of you wearing your watch on your wrist, or your watch placed just so, that others can determine the car, and, perhaps the year. Horsepower, top speed, and general quickness to 60/97 apply for bonus points.
Well title requests performance cars..
Don’t think this breaks any rules as again title says Rolex.
If you have a Rolex and a performance car, please post some pics..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great new Thread Knighty,
Just checking the " performance" criteria..
Is it limited to just pure speed and handling plus/ minus luxury or can it include off road performance as well with a mix of both..eg RR's?
Dave

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Hi Dave. Off road performance is fine..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 208 Posts