WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

121 - 140 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Is that the Nurburgring 911 lap from the 80s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah, 911s have 5 gauges with the tach in the center. Much wider gauge cluster, especially in the 1980s models.

The epitome of utility, IMO.

·
Registered
29,277 Posts
I haven't tried the GC8, it looks like a fun car to drive around the track where you always keep the rev high anyway. The WRX is my daily commute car, for me to have a little bit of fun on the street during my long commute. The twin scroll turbo gives it a nice early torque, which makes it pretty fun to drive on the street. The last fun car I owned was a 2001 B5 S4, which I took to the track a few times. Even with a bigger rear anti-sway bar, its heavy nose still keeps it understeer pretty badly. Compare to that, the understeering of the WRX doesn't feel that bad at all to me, at least on the street (may be I have to drive it harder :). I think if I were to go back to the track though, I probably would take an old Miata or S2000 (and if I have the means, an old 911).
Yeah the newer WRX are a much, much nicer car to drive on the street. Even when they went from the EJ20-EJ25 engine on the GD series cars it made a huge difference to stock drive ability.

S2ks are fun on the track because they love to be revved! What they (and MX5s) lack in power they make up for in fun because you're driving it on the limit all the time

·
Registered
466 Posts
True that.

Somehow I can't drive a 5 gauge Porsche w/o sports chrono :)

A former coworker of mine has a 991 GTS PDK with sports chrono... I took it for a spin one time and it was a blast to drive.

Wasn't an option back in '84 though; hell mine doesn't even have power steering!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Your Targa is one great car. I personally love the no power steering cars and stick shifts. My 991 GTS was a manual tranny and I would not mind if it did not have power steering either, although with bigger wheels, wider tires and more mass it would've been a good workout at parking places :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's some lucky owner driving one of the 100 McLaren F1's left in the world. Taken at one of their owner's club rallies a few years ago. $20M car, give or take. And a Yachtmaster II.
He has clearly made some good choices in life to be in a position behind the wheel of that car, but some of his worst choices were that watch in two tone, wearing it on the wrong wrist, and wearing it so loose that it can spin around.

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
Toyota MR2 Roadster. The chasis and handling were developed by an ex Lotus engineer. Has a high revving 1.8 NA engine, but the mid engined car is more about handling rather than power and straight line speed.

View attachment 15168463

View attachment 15168465
You don’t see many of those even when they were built back then. Cool to see a good example of one.

OoO Bro
Dirty south chapter

·
Registered
769 Posts
Toyota MR2 Roadster. The chasis and handling were developed by an ex Lotus engineer. Has a high revving 1.8 NA engine, but the mid engined car is more about handling rather than power and straight line speed.

View attachment 15168463

View attachment 15168465
Very nice!

2 times I was about to buy one. 1st time new from a dealer back then and 2nd time a year or so ago. I did not buy the 2nd one due to poor condition it was in. I wish I bout the new one back then. Nice little car and fun to drive. On par with Miata.

121 - 140 of 200 Posts