WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

161 - 180 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I thought that in this post I would see more elegant cars than sports cars, but I see that there is a wild spirit in rolex owners.
I love

·
Registered
214 Posts
e46 CSL. First production BMW with a carbon fibre roof, light weight boot and front carbon flippers as well as carbon interior, all aimed to reduce weight. The car has an carbon airbox that flaps and creates an increadible noise in sport mode. At the time, it was BMW's answer to the GT3:

View attachment 15214123

View attachment 15214129

View attachment 15214163

View attachment 15214171
Nice! Never got a real CSL here in the USA that I’m aware of. Very cool. Just sold my ‘95 M3, hadn’t been able to drive it in a few years, but miss it already.

·
Registered
20,442 Posts
Knighty you still got that lovely Alfa??

Pics please!!

Nice Rolly by the way.

·
14,559 Posts
Interesting automobile. I’ve always preferred handling over straight line speed in every automobile I’ve ever owned, whether sports car, sedan or SUV.
Agreed. My baby has more than enough speed, horsepower, torque, and hair-raising handling to be way more car than I ever need. Are there faster cars out there than my base C7? Sure, but I can’t imagine why anyone would need to hit 120mph faster than this car can do it, and it can take a corner way faster than I feel comfortable pushing it.

And the silly thing can get 30+mpg on the interstate? It just blows my mind every time I drive it.

0uIL7Kw.jpg

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thanks, had it since 2007, so you could say it’s a keeper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would hope so. An E46 M3 CSL, nothing will ever be like that again. I still window shop for the next time I will have an M3 and every single iteration is amazing in its own way. Not looking forward to the day that I will have to pick only one when it’s time to have an M3 again.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
I would hope so. An E46 M3 CSL, nothing will ever be like that again. I still window shop for the next time I will have an M3 and every single iteration is amazing in its own way. Not looking forward to the day that I will have to pick only one when it’s time to have an M3 again.
Indeed. Shame BM had to take the turbo route as it really has taken away their forte IMO. E46 was a sweet iteration and in the UK, seem to be going up in value..

·
Registered
9,053 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
20,442 Posts
Think that was the other Uk chap on the bronze thread, forgotten his tag now.

Ahh yes Watchcollector!! Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
20,442 Posts
An interesting fact (Or not) for you Higgs

I have owned 38 minis over the years, which my brother listed at my wedding, but never anything as fast as your one.

·
Registered
9,053 Posts
An interesting fact (Or not) for you Higgs

I have owned 38 minis over the years, which my brother listed at my wedding, but never anything as fast as your one.
That's not interesting.......that's fascinating! 38, oh wow! I thought I was doing well with 15!!!! :-d

·
Registered
20,442 Posts
Ahh a like minded soul!!

Being 6’3” and 18 stone all my friends and family always wondered how I could fit in a mini?? And by mini I mean THE MINI, not those recent German things!! (Oops yours excepted)

If it hasn’t got slidy windows and a floor start button then it’s not a Mini!!

Except for the Cooper obviously which had the sophistication of a key start.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Indeed. Shame BM had to take the turbo route as it really has taken away their forte IMO. E46 was a sweet iteration and in the UK, seem to be going up in value..

Agreed. Here in the states, the E36 is going up. E46 appears to be staying about the same right now but I’m sure will be going up soon. E9x’s are still going down a little.

·
Registered
9,053 Posts
That's a beast maybe a bit lost on our US friends though?!
I hope not. I think there is a decent Mini scene in the states. :think:
In comparison with some of the (lucky) guy's on here, it's really nothing special at all.
However, I've been a big mini fan for 40 years, so for me, it's a great little car. Handles like it's on rails, and really very exhilarating to drive.
At my age, it's (unfortunately) one of the few things that really gets my pulse racing! :-d :-d

·
Premium Member
4,369 Posts
Ha, ha! Well, here is a real poor man's 'Sports Car'! Got to admit though, 240BHP in a car this size & weight is rather exhilarating! ;-)
On a teachers pay, I'm lucky to even have this!!! :-d
Sweet, Mrs Mav drives a Mini too, the Cooper S Countryman. She loves that thing!

·
Registered
9,053 Posts
Sweet, Mrs Mav drives a Mini too, the Cooper S Countryman. She loves that thing!

Your wife has great taste, Mav! :-! Oh, I know I'm really biased! :-d

161 - 180 of 206 Posts