WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the thread title says I’m looking for the best quality perlon strap . I have found several but many have complaints about the buckle . Any suggestions would be much appreciated .

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Another vote for Eulit. Several sellers to be found. Some complain about their buckles, but they’re actually excellent, they curve so the material flows through it with minimal bulk, and lays close to flat on the wrist.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I only buy Eulit...they are awesome. BTW...I actually have both the single strap and the two piece. I actually like the two piece better. But its so think the single doesn't make the watch sit up too high. Just an awesome product and totally worth the premium...because it is a premium product.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I will disagree with the three above - the new Crowd & Buckle perlon straps are higher quality than any Eulit that I've owned. This applies to both the actual strap material and the buckle, which is a notorious problem area for perlons.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Very happy with my Eulit, though I prefer the now mostly discontinued Kristall to the Panama. I have a two-piece Palma that's ok, but a little thicker than I'd prefer.

Also found that the buckle on Eulit (it looks like C&B uses a very similar style) is better than the cheapies because of the prong/pin/tongue in the buckle. The flatter surface where it rotates around the bar prevents the prong from slipping too far sideways when trying to get the strap on. The tapered end slides easier through the material. On my cheapies, it's a bent piece of bar that flops to the side and is nearly impossible to put through the weave.

However, I put a spare Eulit buckle on a $4 perlon from cheapestnatostraps and it was amazing. If you find a pattern/color you like that is a one-piece with no stitching, you can easily swap out for a high quality buckle and get the best of both worlds.

Also, check your length. I needed to get an XL Eulit to fit my wrist with a larger lug-to-lug watch, while the normal length has plenty to spare with smaller watches. The C&B perlons would be too short to fit, and I have a 7.5" wrist.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ordered some Eulit straps last night...I needed 22mm but ordered 20mm, I read that they "spread" to cover the 2 missing mm (that's what she said)...I'll post once I receive them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Purchased the Eulit last night as well . Looking forward to getting it and putting it to use . I ended up going with the 2 piece . Thanks to all who gave their input and advice .

·
Vendor
3,010 Posts
The C&B perlons would be too short to fit, and I have a 7.5" wrist.
When adjusted to the max length, our perlon straps will easily fit up to an 8.25-8.5" wrist. It depends mainly on the lug design of the watch, and how tightly you prefer to wear the strap. 7.5" wrists would be no problem. I have a 7" wrist, and I usually shorten the straps by 3/4" or so via the adjustable buckle, for the perfect fit without too much excess tail.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
When adjusted to the max length, our perlon straps will easily fit up to an 8.25-8.5" wrist. It depends mainly on the lug design of the watch, and how tightly you prefer to wear the strap. 7.5" wrists would be no problem. I have a 7" wrist, and I usually shorten the straps by 3/4" or so via the adjustable buckle, for the perfect fit without too much excess tail.
After double-checking the exact sizes, the Eulit is 235mm long and the Crown & Buckle is listed at 230mm long. I've got more than 5mm left on any watch I wear with a regular length Eulit, so it seems I was wrong. My apologies. I don't know why I thought the Eulit ones were longer.

Just saw the new colors you stock, also. Liking the linen and the forest!

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Ordered some Eulit straps last night...I needed 22mm but ordered 20mm, I read that they "spread" to cover the 2 missing mm (that's what she said)...I'll post once I receive them.
Um ... unlikely.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts