WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends, I received two Alphas on Tuesday a polished Radiomir and a retrograde second. They both worked perfect and the fit / finish looked to be very well done. That's what makes this even more preposterous. The radiomir does not have fixed lugs, instead it has four lug bars that screw into the case to hold the band. Well two of the screws were mangled and the case scratched. I do not see how Alpha could let such a simple thing as putting a band on the finished watch mar such a otherwise nice product. Do they need to buy new screw drivers? do they have the right size screw drivers to begin with? Does the person putting the strap on have all thumbs? I do not see how this could happen? Still happy with the watches. I wish they did not scratch the radiomir but i am not going to send it back. Its more of a hassle than its worth. Alpha was very good about responding to my Emails, I think I will drop them a note about the quality control issue.

Will F.

·
Registered
885 Posts
As of late it seems like Alpha have been letting things slip a bit. If you look around here you will see some other threads talking about this. Congrats on the new watches! Enjoy them... We also need photos we have to see them.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I had planned on getting an Alpha Panda, but there's been just too many quality problems as of late.
I haven't really heard any bad reports about the Newmans yet. Or I might have been a bit selective in my reading because I think it's one of the most awesome offerings on todays watch market ;-)

·
Registered
689 Posts
I haven't really heard any bad reports about the Newmans yet. Or I might have been a bit selective in my reading because I think it's one of the most awesome offerings on todays watch market ;-)
Here is my bad report about the Newman ST19 chrono mine broke inside 2 months the click on my watch disengaged so the spring could hold no power this is an easy fix on most watches but with the chronograph module on top of it it was impossible for me to fix my self I sent it back for repair and it arrived back with a totally new movement but the new movement keeps quite poor time at +45 seconds a day even though the regulator is set to run on the slow side and it is full of fingerprints there is also some staining on the movement as well this has killed my enjoyment of what was my most eagerly wanted watch for some time I wear it very infrequently now. However having had a moan if you get a good one they are probably the best value watch I think it is possible to get. I feel for the OP and I believe Alphas QC has taken a hit of late a shame really.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hello gentlemen, Thanks for the kind words. As requested here are the photos. I really like both of these watches very happy except, well you know. I already swapped the band on the radiomir so you have to take my word that this is how it came from H.K. On that note i love how the python band looks on that bad boy. I am going to try and make a video of the complication on the retrograde very cool IMHO. I know the retrograde is upside down sorry.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well at least the screws are under the watch, looks like more damage (scuff marks) on the case around the screws, might have to try and polish that out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts