WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Looking for some information here. I just recently bought a Stowa Marine Hand Wound (the manual one with small seconds). It was running at +25 sec/day so I sent it back to Stowa for regulation and have had it back for about a week now.

It is running at a consistent +12-13 sec/day right now. This is my first mechanical watch and I'm wondering what I should be expecting for accuracy. I was hoping to be well under + 10 seconds per day from what I researched online (maybe even around +5?). Am I out of touch? Looking for feedback from other Stowa/Peseux 7001 owners.

I can add that I have tried leaving it sitting (instead of wearing it) and letting the spring wind down for 30+ hours instead of winding every morning to see if I get different rates depending on the wind level (is this even a thing?) and I'm still get the same 12-13 seconds.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
My Stowa Marine KS ran +3.5spd last time I measured it over multiple days. This is with the top grade 7001.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies. So it sounds like I'm in spec and have no grounds to contact Stowa again? If that is the case, is it possible to have it regulated at a local shop to improve accuracy or should I just leave it be?

Is it just chance that you get a watch with a movement that has better speed divergence? Do I have a watch with above average divergence right now?

A lot of questions, I know, still new to this.

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,409 Posts
I wouldn‘t go to a local watchmaker (please mind „shops“) during warranty. That being said it should be possible to regulate a top grade ETA 7001 to +/- 8 sec.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts