WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received PM from member in response to a WTB add that I posted last week. This fraudster is a social engineer and I've become a victim of a scam. Due to the nature of my transaction, I'm afraid I have little to no recourse. DO NOT transact business with this member or the person claiming to be this member. I've reached out to the admins and reported the fraudulent PM but have yet to receive a reply. Again, DO NOT work any deal with this member as it's 100% wire transfer fraud. Don't make the same mistake that I did.

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
40,508 Posts
Just like to add to this, that it was found after a lengthy investigation by WUS admin that my account was compromised and this transaction was not me.
I can confirm the account of member Pesti13nce was indeed hacked by a Nigerian scammer earlier this month. The account has since been returned to its rightful owner.

Be wary of links sent to you by strangers, especially if the link takes you to what appears to be a login page for WatchUSeek, Time Zone, or the Rolex Forum. These spoofed web pages are designed to capture your username and password, giving hackers everything they need to 'ghost' on your accounts and impersonate you.

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
40,508 Posts
If the account was clearly hacked and confirmed by wus and now its back under the control of the actual real member it seems this would come down , no ?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The same scammer has been banned several times attempting to impersonate pesti13nce (through similar email addresses and with new accounts). I just unapproved an account for new member pesti13nce33 late last week.

This is still helpful information.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
The same scammer has been banned several times attempting to impersonate pesti13nce (through similar email addresses and with new accounts). I just unapproved an account for new member pesti13nce33 late last week.

This is still helpful information.
Sounds like it's a very much ongoing concern

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.