WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I sell a watch and PM the tracking info to the buyer, I routinely insert a comment, "I'd appreciate it if you would let me know you've received the watch with no issues." I'm simply reinforcing a notion that I consider common courtesy and while I'm disappointed (but not terribly surprised) when a buyer with a brief history on watch forums ignores this simple request, I am truly dismayed when it happens with someone with an extensive track record of posts and deals here. Tuesday evening, 30 hours after the watch is supposed to have been delivered, I PMed the buyer, asking if he received the watch OK and although he's been online numerous times, he still chooses to ignore me nearly three days after delivery. If circumstances have kept him from examining and evaluating the watch, why not say so? Would you consider that to be rude or do I expect too much?

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
I assume he doesn't want to comment until he is 110% sure he is happy with the watch.

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
If the buyer is not making an issue of it then maybe your expectations are too high. Perhaps others are probably not as thorough as you are.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
ChuckW, I agree that a simple acknowledgement of receipt is nice to have. Although I've never bought from you, I nevertheless appreciate that there are sellers out there who will pm tracking info and maintain correspondence throughout- thanks for that.

wemedge

·
Registered
29,241 Posts
Some people just don't know how to reciprocate courtesy.......

·
Registered
7,728 Posts
I get a little miffed as well so I'm w/ you.It's called common courtesy.Also feedback makes me a little PO'd as well.When some1 buys something from me I leave feedback on them & I include a little note asking to leave feedback on our deal & they don't.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
I get a little miffed as well so I'm w/ you.It's called common courtesy.Also feedback makes me a little PO'd as well.When some1 buys something from me I leave feedback on them & I include a little note asking to leave feedback on our deal & they don't.
This.
Especially when they promised to do so after acknowledging yours..and have since left multiple feedbacks for others...(on a LNIB piece)

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've never requested feedback. I feel it should be freely given and not coerced, so if I'm satisfied with a deal, it's not unusual that I leave feedback with no reciprocation.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I agree it's a common courtesy, but I have had buyers who don't follow up. In that case I just assume all is well, but I agree with you, a quick note to assure you that the watch has arrived safely is good form. I've had buyers confirm that they received a strap in good order for crying out loud, so a watch should definitely be acknowledged.

·
Registered
7,728 Posts
I've never requested feedback. I feel it should be freely given and not coerced, so if I'm satisfied with a deal, it's not unusual that I leave feedback with no reciprocation.
Not coerced, but I expect it since my rule of thumb is buy the seller 1st.

Reactions: cedargrove

·
Registered
14,806 Posts
I agree, its really poor form not to contact a seller when you have received the watch, first to say thankyou and to let him know it has arrived safely, you have both shared a deal together and with that deal comes the common curtesy for the buyer to reply to let the seller know the item has arrived.
It only takes a very small amount of time to check the watch is working ok, so thats no excuse.

Also if you have an untrustworthy buyer and he waits days or weeks to reply to you after he has got the watch, he could damage it and blame it on you, or he might not even realise he damaged it and blame it on you.

I cant believe one of the first things a buyer would'nt do is to thank the seller, some people lack common respect and curtesy.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I think it's normal to expect a message from a buyer that the item arrived..basic courtesy I think, need not be immediate, but certainly within a day or two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
246 Posts
There are times where I forget to leave feedback right away for bigger sellers (large eBay sellers for example), but I always message/leave feedback for the smaller sellers because the items I am buying a generally more personal/unique and I like to inspect them right away to let them know how it arrived.

·
Premium Member
61,744 Posts
All it take is - "Hi Chuck, watch arrived O.K. but not had chance to evaluate it yet - will let you know if there are any problems with it"

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Your expectation is reasonable as a matter of good manners, but I guess if the buyer paid in a timely matter, that's really all you can get too demanding about. Now the flip side is that if the buyer comes in late with a complaint, that's not cool either. Silence should mean satisfaction.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
I'd be a bit peeved too. Not unreasonable to expect common courtesy.

I get that the buyer might want time to inspect the watch, but that shouldn't prevent him from communicating with you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts