WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must update an old thread.

After over two years of a flourishing friendship with Pete, things went south. He was helping me construct my Seamaster 300, and in doing so, I purchased a "mint" Omega Cal. 565 movement and a date dial from him. Upon receiving the items, the dial had a noticeable scuff on the 11 o'clock index. I returned the dial to him (and paid for shipping).

I drove to Bozeman (200 miles away) to have a watchmaker assemble my Seamaster 300. Upon doing so, he informed me that the date mechanism was entirely faulty and only functions with invariable success while the watch was connected to an autowinder, or at any point when the mainspring is at 100% power.

I paid Pete $550 (GIFT transfer due to the rapport we had established with one another) and I was refunded $100 in total. The watchmaker charged me $100 to get the date function to work on the autowinder, but recommended an overhaul and replacement of the date spring. After trying to reach out to Pete for a more reasonable refund (after all, you can get mint/serviced 565 movements for around $400 total), I have not heard from him. He has seemingly dropped off the face of the planet after a 2-year friendship––but only in my personal life. He currently has listed his no-date SM300. Approach with caution.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just bumping this to ensure it's seen.

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
38,382 Posts
Just bumping this to ensure it's seen.
Don't BUMP on the Feedback and Reputation sub-foum. Very few members come here to read through the posts; they come here to use the search function to check a specific members feedback.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts